BAZINGA!!! This week was a great one. I was super active and earned 24 activity points on my ActiveLink. Another week done, another meeting, and another weigh-in. This one was SPECTACULAR!
The scale was most definitely my friend this week, for the second week in a row. I absolutely earned this one, every drop of sweat, every healthy meal I ate, and all the water I drank. All the stars were aligned. Definitely a great week.
Things I did right this week are:
- Just do it. I ran the Gasparilla 8K and went to hot yoga 3 times. And when I thought that was enough, I also danced my butt off at the Bon Jovi concert last night. I earned 24 activity points for the week. And you know what? I ate every one of those, on top of my weekly points, spread out during the week.
- I find that meals where I have a fruit or veggie are the most filling. I try to include one or the other in every meal. The most delicious meals are the ones with several veggies and lots of color. I am so thankful I love so many foods and I enjoy trying new foods and also coming up with my own creations.
- Plan ahead. Grocery shopping for the week is a great tool. If you don’t have foods to make healthy meals, you will eat whatever is laying around. That is not an option for me.
- Water. I know I am a broken record on this one, but it makes a huge difference. Do I miss soda? Yes. And I will have a sip of hubby’s every once in awhile if he has one. But for the most part, I’m drinking water and ice tea. And the occasional wine.
What I will focus on this week:
- Keep moving. No races this week (shocker!) but I am setting a goal for yoga twice this week and walking / running twice.
- More meal planning. On my to-do list today is to go through the freezer and see what we have on hand and then make my grocery list.
- Making time for me has been working out well and I will keep that up. Certain stressors make me want to throw in the towel on “me time” when it seems like one thing too many, but I have to keep that up, no matter what. Tomorrow, I am going for my massage that hubby got me for Valentine’s Day.
Here is my week as per my ActiveLink. I love how you can name the activities and see where you earned points. I kind of think I am not classifying my hot yoga class at the correct intensity level. I have it set at low, but I think it should be medium / high. Hot yoga is no joke.
This week will be a tough one to beat. I certainly don’t expect to have this kind of loss every week. It’s not possible. But it certainly does feel good to know that my hard work does pay off. And I can feel it. Best feeling EVER.
What is your go-to activity for weight loss, the one you feel gives you the most results?
great job! keep up the good work and keep posting to encourage others like me to continue on this journey.
Ok I got confussed at first why because I read the first comment from Jo-Anne and thought I didn’t write that……….did I……….no I didn’t it was a different Jo-Anne…………lol but I have to agree with her you are amazing and doing such a great job
I guess I better figure out how to post a pic so we can tell us apart Jo-Anne! It’s not often I find someone with the SAME spelling hyphen AND capital A.
Great job! I often find myself thinking that I’m lucky to have a taste for really healthy foods and also think that meals that include veggies and/or fruits keep me full longer. Great motivator seeing those numbers, huh?!