Well, well, well… I was expecting you at some point. It’s not possible to have a loss every week, so this week’s gain comes as no surprise. Let’s just get right to it, shall we? It’s a doozy….
You read that right…. I gained 2.2 pounds. But you know what? I’m still in the 160’s and I have a lot of good to focus on this week. I gained weight, that’s been acknowledged, now we move forward..
Things I did right this week are:
- Ran the Rock N’ Roll half-marathon last Sunday! 13.1 miles is no joke. I ran more of it than the other two I did and finished a little over 8 minutes faster. I felt strong and amazing afterwards. Sore, but amazing.
- Tracked everything I ate.
- I ate many fruits and veggies. My appetite was up this week, between the race and evil bloated woman being here (sorry, TMI) but I kept snacks handy.
- Still drinking water like its going out of style.
- When hubby and I went out last night, I made the best food choice I could and shared with hubby.
What I will focus on this week:
- Prepare snacks again for the week. This is a great tool that I am always thankful for during the week when I am busy.
- Hot yoga at least once this week. Always makes me feel good and stretched out, and I love all the sweating.
- More protein, especially at lunch. Quicker lunches this past week were mostly veggies or salad, so I need more protein for feeling full.
- Find one new snack for the week, always keeping things fresh so I don’t get tired of eating the same things over and over again.
- Portion control… Today’s meeting topic was all about this and it’s a good reminder to stay on top of it – thank you Beverly! It’s easy to get comfortable with what you think is a correct serving size and you may either be eating too much or not enough. Either way, you are cheating yourself when that happens.
Despite a 2.2 lb. gain this week, I still feel I had a successful week. Between the half marathon and continuing to make good choices, I did my best. Certain factors I can’t control, such as evil bloated woman, but I will focus on the things I can, such as food choices, being active, and drinking water.
I have just 2 days left on my ActiveLink assessment and then that will be another tool to help keep me moving! I am curious to see how off I was on calculating my activity points, in either direction.
I hope you all enjoy your Saturday and your weekend! Have a great one!