Happy day after Valentine’s Day! Another week has passed, another great meeting this morning… I had to get my fill of WW today since I will miss the next two Saturday morning meetings because of races I am doing.
This week, I went into the meeting knowing that I would have a gain. Hubby and I went out to eat Thursday night for Valentine’s Day (a night early, of course). And we went to Hooter’s for wings and beer. Anyone who knows me knows that I love wings and beer. WW or not, I still enjoy wings and beer. And we did just that. It was a nice evening out. I thought momentarily about how it wasn’t the smartest thing to eat just two nights before a weigh-in, but then I realized I couldn’t think that way.
My weight loss journey is not a set time, one that has a deadline. It is ongoing and I will face it the rest of my life. It’s part of who I am. It’s a lifestyle change, not a diet. I use to eat bad all the time, every day. The healthy lifestyle that I have learned from following WW allows me to enjoy foods I love in moderation while eating healthy most of the time. If I had to go without my favorite food indulgences, I would walk away from WW. I cannot live in that world.
So, I accept the ups and downs that I have along the way. Being able to go out and accept a gain means I am living life and enjoying it. And dinner out with hubby is a treat.
Things I did right this week are:
- I had a great long run last Sunday, 9 miles over the bridges to the beach.
- I was flexible with my workout schedule this week. It’s easy to give up if the workouts don’t happen as planned, but I just rearranged the schedule. Flexibility is important. (Here’s a recap of my my first full week on T25)
- Lots of water!
- I had a Shakeology for breakfast every morning and I am loving it. So many ways to enjoy it, but my favorite is the chocolate with almond milk, banana, and peanut butter – all for 5 points. And it is very filling.
- I made a delicious Simple Start meal last Sunday and had it during the week for lunch. It was really good – ground beef, diced tomatoes, onion, zucchini, squash, and brown rice. I’ll share the recipe here this week.
What I will focus on this week:
- Since I will miss my regular Saturday morning meetings the next two weeks, I will have to weigh-in on Friday mornings. This will mess with my schedule a bit, but like I just reminded myself – flexibility is important.
- Being prepared for the week ahead. I am going to go through the freezer and see what meals I can make from what’s in there because it’s getting a bit out of control.
- I hope to run tomorrow, as well as catch up on the one T25 workout I still have to do from yesterday. Then a new week of workouts starts again on Monday. I am absolutely loving the T25 program.
- The excitement of races the next two weeks. It never gets old!
Activity points for the week…. A total of 40! This makes me happy since I didn’t run two extra days like I had hoped.
I am super excited about today! I am registering for my first FULL marathon and then I am going with hubby to cheer him on while he runs the Spartan Special Ops race in Tampa. I am super proud of him for running it, especially since he’s also joining me the next two weeks for Gasparilla and Best Damn Race!
Have a great weekend!