Second best to weigh-ins where I have a loss would be weigh-ins where I maintain. And that is exactly what happened yesterday. I really thought I would be up, I was so bloated all week. I know, I know…. TMI. But I am just being honest. So when the scale said the exact same thing as last week, I was pretty darn happy.
As every other week seems to be, this was a busy one. I sometimes think I thrive on the craziness that I live in. This was my 4th full week on Simple Start and it is still working for me…. Clearly.
Things I did right this week are:
- I cannot say enough good things about Simple Start. I didn’t track this week. I focused on power foods probably 90% of the time.
- I made homemade minestrone AND meat sauce for the week. Both were exceptional.
- I had plenty of fruit and veggie snacks to take with me during the week. Quite possibly my favorite snack of the week were the cherry tomatoes I bought from Publix. I ate them like candy, literally.
- I made hard boiled eggs for the week – these always make for a great snack and are filling.
- I ran twice and did my plank-a-day every day!
- I had jury duty on Wednesday and I bought health snacks at the cafeteria in anticipation of getting called upstairs to a trial. That didn’t happen, but I felt great being prepared for the possibility of a long day. I cannot let myself get to the point of starving or I am in big trouble.
What I will focus on this week:
- Today being Sunday, I will grocery shop for the week and prepare snacks.
- For dinner tonight, I am making macaroni and cheese with beef. I am taking my mom’s fabulous homemade recipe and making it healthy and Simple Start friendly.
- I have to get in more than 2 runs this week. I am really shooting for 3, in addition to my plank-a-day.
- I must make the new potato recipe from the WW Weekly I got at yesterday’s meeting.
As for my activity this week, it was down again from previous weeks. Running only twice during the week isn’t earning the points so I’ve been pretty active day-to-day, but I’d really love to get some strong running activity points earned several days this week.
I had some more excitement this week from WW. After my blog post last Sunday, I got an email from their social media department, asking if they could quote me on their Facebook page, Of course I said yes, and on Monday this showed up on the WW Facebook and Instagram pages. It’s so awesome when WW quotes you….
So! Another good week and I am happy with it. I am always to start a new week and see where it leads me. After the meeting yesterday, I registered for another race (more on that soon!) and enjoyed some down time with hubby.
Have a fantastic week!