Happy Sunday, everyone! I am a day behind on my WW post, but I had a busy day yesterday. As usual, I really enjoyed the meeting yesterday morning. Beverly was not there, but Anthony filled in for her and he is always great too. Also, it was really full meeting! It’s the time of year, of course. Many regular faces and many new faces. Last week was my third week doing Simple Start. I am really enjoying the power foods and I still have my indulgences, some days a little more than others if I am being honest. My first week on Simple Start, I had a gain. The second and third week, I had a loss. One of my favorite things about Simple Start is the power foods – they are better fuel for me and my running. Power foods are AWESOME.
I was so thrilled about this weigh-in. A total of 31.6 lbs. lost putting me at 146.4. I am just 4.4 pounds from being Lifetime again and 6.4 pounds from reaching my goal of 140. SO close. I feel like Simple Start came around at just the right time in my journey and is giving me a little jump start to keep me pushing forward.
Things I did right this week are:
- I focused again on power foods. Salad, chicken breast, tuna, tilapia, healthy oils, fresh fruits and veggies, and more. I made another batch of my Black & Red Chili for the week. It is SO good leftover.
- I only ran twice this last week but I did my #plankaday consistently, even having my longest plank ever at over 3 minutes long.
- Plenty of water…
- I made sure I had the foods handy that would have for the week. The shopping list of the back of the Simple Start is the best thing ever. Your options are endless when you have the right foods on hand.
- I threw together a salad for lunch one day and it was delicious! Broccoli slaw and baby spinach salad with cucumber, tomato, albacore tuna, olive oil, and red wine vinegar… I just love the colors and how fresh this salad was. I will definitely make this again!
What I will focus on this week:
- I’ve already been grocery shopping this morning and I went with a plan, which is the best. Today I will work on food prep for the week. I’ll be making meat sauce for whole wheat pasta, as well as a pot of my homemade minestrone. For snacks, I have apples, cucumbers, carrots, raspberry jello, and hard boiled eggs. I’m also going to try my hand at roasting sweet potatoes.
- For dessert this week…. Cake in a cup is still our current favorite. This week, we’re trying lemon flavor. It will be hard to top the spice cake, but we’ll see!
- Aiming for 3 days of running this week – half marathon #7 is on February 1! Also trying out a few more T25 workouts and keeping up with my #plankaday. I missed yesterday which is so frustrating to me, but I will just jump back into it today.
- I have 2 great new cups to use for water. It’s more fun to drink water from a fun cup than just a plastic bottle. When I’m at work, I keep ice water on my desk, right next to my computer.
This last week, I also had the pleasure of taking part in a live Google + hangout with Weight Watchers and Jessica Simpson. I still can’t believe I was asked to do it. It was such fun. You can read my post about it here, as well as watch the video.
With only 2 runs last week, my activity points were down for the week, but it helped that I spent two days rearranging and cleaning our living room. Moving furniture and cleaning from floor to ceiling is no joke.
All in all a great week. I love starting a new week fresh and ready to go. I enjoy cooking and prepping food for the week, so I’ll be doing that today, along with some napping and reading mixed in. I ran 6.5 miles this morning, with hubby by my side on his bike. It was beautiful out, a really cool and crisp morning. And even better? I didn’t take one single walk break on my run, so I’m feeling like a rock star. This run also means I am splurging on breakfast and making homemade BLT’s. Bacon rocks!
Make it a great week, everyone!