This morning, I celebrated a year at WW with a loss. What a way to ring in 2014! It’s very surreal to me to think that it’s been a full year since I went back. I’m such a broken record, but I just love my meeting. This one is the perfect fit for me. I look forward to it every week – Beverly is an amazing leader, the receptionists Marilyn and Connie are fabulous, and all the members are wonderful. We all share a common bond and it’s just… Nice.
This past week, I *mostly* followed Simple Start again. I made AWESOME chili which I had for lunch or dinner for a few days. I stuck to power foods most of the time. But, I did go over the 7 extra points per day for a few meals out while were moving stuff this week for work, and New Years Eve.
Things I did right this week are:
- I didn’t track except a couple times. What? How is this right? Following Simple Start, you only have to track your indulgences, the 7 points a day. The first week on it, I still tracked because I was terrified of not tracking. Let’s face it, if I could eat without gorging myself on every meal, I would never need Weight Watchers. But the premise behind Simple Start is power foods, which are filling. So, you eat until you are satisfied. I am still working on this one, but this week I trusted my instincts a little more and tracked less. Clearly, it worked out okay since I lost. I still have to be mindful of it, though.
- Power foods….. Zucchini, squash, tilapia, tuna, salad, cucumbers, green peppers, whole wheat pasta, lean ground beef, shrimp, black beans, kidney beans, and more. Power foods are endless and there are SO many that I love.
- I seemed to go through a lot of water this week!
- I ran Saturday – Wednesday. I was on a mission to complete my 625 miles for 2013 and I hit 628, overachiever that I am. I also did an ab workout from T25. Loving that program! I am also doing a plank-a-day for this month.
- As I mentioned above, I made chili. It was so good! You can find the recipe here.
What I will focus on this week:
- I am going to continue with Simple Start – mostly – this week. I will continue to focus on power foods and be mindful and aware of eating only until I’m satisfied – not stuffed.
- I want to try 2 new recipes this week, using ingredients from the Simple Start shopping list.
- I am shooting for 3 runs and 3 days of T25.
My activity points were up again this week with a total of 49! I am trying to get back into a regular routine again which helps me keep those points up!
I started reading Find Your Fingerprint last night, included in the new Success Kit. I am really loving it. I love reading about the science behind the reason we do things the way we do. Even better, the book has you focus on YOU, what works, what doesn’t, your successes, and more. I can’t wait to read more.
Have a great weekend!