Holy cow… Fifty-two weeks. Twelve months. One year. This last week of 2013 seems a bit surreal. It almost feels like I just went back to WW, walking into the meetings at my highest weight ever. I was ashamed of the weight I had put on, but also knew that WW worked for me before and I had to commit to it again. And commit I did. 2013 was the year I would lose weight. I never rushed it or pushed it too hard. I took it week by week, celebrated many losses, had a few weeks of maintaining, and also faced gains.
This morning, I had a feeling I would be up, and I was right. I indulged for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day dinner and I don’t regret either of the family meals I enjoyed. If I can share a little too much information, I am seriously bloated this morning. I had also gone a month without a gain and knew that I was due for one. And, I’m okay with that.
I did Simple Start *most* of the week, with the exception of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners. I will be doing a separate post on Simple Start….
I also had another non-scale victory this week. I went shopping for a pair of boots and jeans and ended up buying a pair of skinny jeans. I have never worn skinny jeans before but these fit wonderful and they fit great. It’s hard to be upset about a 1.4 pound gain when you are in a pair of jeans you’d never consider buying before….
Things I did right this week are:
- Ironically, I actually tracked every day this week, with the exception of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners. I say ironically because I don’t have to track on Simple Start. I did, though, because I am curious to see how my points stack up compared to doing regular Points Plus.
- I made homemade minestrone and homemade meat sauce this week, as part of the Simple Start plan. Both came out great and I will definitely make them again.
- I took snacks with me when I knew I’d be gone most of the day.
- I added in a new workout, Focus T25. It’s pretty much all cardio, different workouts each day, 5 days a week (ultimately), 25 minutes a day. I’ll be able to incorporate it into my running schedule and not have to take anything away from it.
- I also got 3 runs in this week!
What I will focus on this week:
- Sticking with Simple Start again this week. I still have plenty of foods still from when I stocked up last week, so I will be good for a few more recipes this week.
- Aiming for 4 days of running this week (to hit my goal of 625 miles for the year!) and at least 4 days of T25.
- I bought the new WW Success Kit, so I look forward to reading through it, as well as using the steamer that came with it.
- The end of 2013 means it’s time to focus on new goals for 2014!
My activity was up this past week, which I love to see on my ActiveLink. 43 points earned for the week is a win!
I love looking ahead to 2014. I am excited to be close to goal, excited to see and feel progress, and I can’t wait to see what I accomplish next.
I hope your last weekend of 2013 is fabulous!