It’s so hard to believe it’s the weekend before Christmas. This year is so very quickly coming to an end. I am so excited that as of this morning’s FANTASTIC weigh-in, I am that much closer to my goal. I knew I would have a loss this week, I could feel it. I just didn’t realize it would be such a big loss. Losses like this are harder to come by at this point. I was ecstatic!
And even better….. This loss puts me solidly into the 140’s. When I made it into the 140’s back at the end of November, it was more of a tip toe. I could not wait to share my excitement this morning… A 30 pound loss is incredible. It’s more than I lost when I originally did WW in 2006 and made Lifetime. I don’t know how I carried 30 extra pounds around on my short frame.
So, this puts me 8 pounds from my goal of 140. More exciting than this, though, is that I am 6 pounds from Lifetime status again, since I can be within 2 pounds of my goal weight for Lifetime. This is SO exciting. I can’t wait to say that I’m Lifetime again AND also to be a FREE member of WW. That will be awesome. Every dollar I have invested into this journey this year has absolutely been worth it, but it will be so nice to not have to pay either. I see a shopping trip for smaller clothes in my future!
Things I did right this week are:
- I tracked 5 1/2 days! Fantastic!
- Water, water, water, water, water!
- Breakfast for dinner a couple times this week. I love it and it’s always a great source of protein.
- Several times now, I’ve pulled clothes out from the back of my closet. It’s like shopping for free. Non-scale victories are awesome!
- I ran my best 5K last Saturday night. It was so great. You can read my recap here.
What I will focus on this week:
- So ironically, the last time I hit the 140’s, it was the weekend before Thanksgiving. This week, hitting the 140’s again and it’s the weekend before Christmas. I am also playing hooky from work most of this week so I will not be doing my usual routine, but I will be pretty active as well. Holiday weeks are a challenge, but hitting this huge goal this week is a great motivator.
- Proper planning prevents poor performance…. This means I need to have healthy snacks on hand.
- Hoping to get 3 days of running in this week. I don’t have any more races this year, but I am trying to keep it up!
- More than likely I am going to start the Simple Start program this week. It’s similar to Simply Filling, where I don’t have to track. Change is always hard for me, but after discussing it this morning and hearing Marilyn’s (awesome receptionist at my meeting) success with it the past few weeks, I think now is a great time to try it as I approach my goal. I will do a separate post on Simple Start.
Activity points this week were better than last week, but still on the low side. I am thinking about starting a new ActiveLink challenge after the 1st to keep myself going!
I am so excited to end this year so close to my goal. I have worked so hard at it and it’s so rewarding for it to pay off. I am also excited about 2014 – there is so much I want to accomplish! Now more than ever I know that I CAN and I WILL!
Have a fantastic weekend and a wonderful holiday!