This weigh-on may have been the hardest one of the year. Just two days after Thanksgiving. I could have taken a pass and not weighed in, but as I’ve done at every other weigh-in, I am there to face the music, good or bad.
Yikes. The worst part is that I’m back in the 150’s after finally getting into the 140’s. Bah humbug.
This week’s meeting topic was a good one. We talked about making a “why-to” list before you make a how-to” list. What are your reasons for wanting to lose weight? Your reasons for why will help you decide how to lose the weight, and will be a motivator along the way. Here is the list of my “why-to” reasons I made at the meeting:
- to feel better physically and mentally
- to feel better in my skin
- to take better care of myself
- for my health
- for my clothes to fit better
- for myself-confidence
- to have control of something
- to feel stronger
- to run better
All good reasons and all motivators for me to keep pushing.
Things I did right this week are:
- I ran my 6th half marathon and had a huge PR. It was a great way to start the holiday week.
- I tracked 4 days this week, which is good considering I was off all week so my routine was not the norm. However, I did not track complete days. If anything, this is probably the biggest culprit in my gain.
- I ran three days during the week to keep active.
What I will focus on this week:
- I must get back on track this week. I didn’t want to see the 150’s again and here I am.
- Last night I made turkey rolls for dinner which make great leftovers. Tomorrow I will make crockpot chicken, also good for leftovers. Both of these dishes are not bad points wise for a full meal. Plus, with both, I get my healthy oils in.
- Back to snacking properly this week. That is also a huge help in controlling my hunger.
- Still loving the cake in a cup for dessert. It’s the perfect, portion control dessert that satisfies my sweet tooth. it’s especially yummy when it’s cool outside.
So, my activity points this week were lower. More than half of them were earned at my half marathon last weekend.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!