Today’s weigh-in may have topped them all. For weeks now I’ve been in the low 150’s, just dying to get into the 140’s, a “new decade” as they say. Last week I was just 0.6 away. I really tried hard this week, hoping to get there. I ran less for the last week of half marathon training and I was concerned that would affect it. But it didn’t and I was ecstatic on the scale this morning!!!
This really is huge. HUGE. I haven’t been in the 140’s in several years now and it feels glorious. This new weight also puts me 9.4 lbs. away from my goal. These last 9.4 lbs. won’t be easy, but I am not giving up. I’ve come this far, I can do it!!!
Things I did right this week are:
- Tracked 5 of 7 days, even tracking ahead on some days since I knew what I would be eating.
- After last weekend’s trip to the produce market, I had the most delicious fruits and veggies on hand. I ate avocados for snacks, had tomato / mushroom / and cucumber salads, and had delicious sautéed squash, zucchini, and mushrooms with chicken one night.
- Three words…. Cake in a cup. If you haven’t tried this yet, you must. Here is the recipe…
- Finished up 14 weeks of half marathon training. Running has played a huge role in my weight loss and I am so excited for my race tomorrow!
What I will focus on this week:
- I am admitting right now that this week will be a challenge. It’s a holiday week and I am actually off for the whole week. While this will allow me time to run when I want, it will also mean being out of my normal routine. So, I will make sure I have plenty of healthy lunch options at home. Just like when I’m at work, eating out every day is not an option.
- Being lazy this week sounds like a fabulous idea, but we have a lot to do so I will be pretty active.
- I plan on enjoying Thanksgiving dinner. It’s my favorite meal of the year and I will earn extra points to eat.
- Have fun at my race tomorrow and enjoy it. I trained for it and I am excited to see how that does for me.
This last week of training had fewer miles, so my activity points were down. I still earned 38 points though! This week I know I’ll exceed that with probably 30 something alone tomorrow.
It’s been awhile since I shared the graph from my WW eTools and today’s stellar weigh-in calls for an updated graph. It’s amazing to look at, isn’t it? I’ve had more gains in the last several months than in the beginning, but overall it’s a nice loss, and not too fast.
Today I am going to the Women’s Running Expo to pick up my race goodies. That;s always fun and super exciting. Hubby and my mom are tagging along with me too. I plan on going to bed early tonight since I’ll be getting up around 4:30am. I hate to be rushed the morning of a race and I like to arrive early. I’m so darn excited!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Thanksgiving!