Another week, another weigh-in! Last week, I weighed in at 151.0 lbs. and had really hoped to see the 140’s this week. I really really hoped for that, and I felt good about it going into my weigh-in… But it wasn’t in the cards.
But, you know what? I’m not upset or mad about it. This journey that I’m on this year is all about losing weight and living life and becoming a stronger person. A loss is a loss, not matter how small it may be. I’m also not disappointed because this week I had a HUGE non-scale victory that really outdoes any number on that scale. After being in size 14 jeans last year – a very snug 14 I might add – I wore a pair of size 10 jeans that I had in my closest from at least three or four years ago. I can’t tell you how great it felt to wear then, and wear them comfortably.
That top is one that I haven’t been able to wear in a couple years either. It’s not always about the scale, I know I’ve talked about this before. With all the activity I’ve been doing, especially training for my half marathon and running 20+ miles per week the last few weeks, my body is transforming. It’s rearranging itself. My legs are much leaner now but very muscular. When I run, I can see the muscles in my legs. My hips, curvy girl that I am, are much smaller. My tummy is getting flatter. Even my arms are looking more and more toned each week. I can see it in my face. My entire body is changing thanks to WW and running.
Things I did right this week are:
- Tracking – 5 of 7 days.
- Lots of protein this week…. Chicken, eggs, and tilapia are a main source of that.
- I made that delicious chicken and broccoli casserole last weekend and it was so good. It was lunch for a couple of days as well!
- Ran the most miles last week with a 12 mile run on Sunday. Hardest run of my training so far, but I did it.
What I will focus on this week:
- Staying injury free! Just one week until my half marathon, I have 8 miles to run tomorrow, and a few shorter runs during the week before the big day next Sunday.
- Fruits and veggies – I plan to go to the produce market today and stock up!
- At the meeting, a member (who’s lost 80+ lbs.!!!) shared his current favorite dessert and now I am dying to try it. It’s cake in a cup and sounds so simple. I’m definitely going to try it this week and I’ll let you know how it is!
- I still want to try and make the WW recipe I have for Mini Zucchini Quiche. However, I need a mini muffin pan to make this happen.
I did not hit my goal of 65 activity points for the week because I skipped one day of running to give my foot a rest after my long run last Sunday. But, I still ended up with 56 activity points which is awesome!
Weekends are the best, aren’t they? I’m excited to have some down time today, not much of any kind of plan except I know I want to go to the produce market. And I need a mini muffin pan apparently. Tomorrow morning I run and then we have a birthday party in the afternoon. I refuse to even think about Monday at this point!
Have a fantastic weekend, whatever your plans may be!