Good morning! Happy Saturday! My favorite day of the week. I was up early again this morning to go to my WW meeting which I love. We had a full room this morning, several members have returned from up north as it gets to be that time of year again. I love the meetings all the time, but there’s something about a full meeting room and lots of talking and laughter.
I am celebrating another loss today! This makes me so happy!
This new total weight loss of 27 pounds is a bit of a big deal for me. It is the most I’ve lost this time around. It is also the same amount I lost my very first time on WW back in 2006 and made Lifetime. Back then, I started at a lower “highest” weight than this time around (it’s such a cruel world….). It took about 7 months to lose those 27 pounds then and put put me down to 130 pounds and I was convinced that was my happy weight. This time around, starting much higher on the scale, I knew that after all my body has been through, it would not ever get back down to 130 pounds. Why is today’s weight a big deal? Because it is once again, proof that WW works for me. It’s taken longer this time to get to the 27 pound mark, but I now know that my body is capable of losing weight when for the last few years, I had given up hope on that. Losing 27 pounds the first time around was pretty amazing, but I think I am happier about it this time around. It means more after thinking it just wasn’t possible.
Things I did right this week are:
- Snacks, fruits, and veggies.
- Water!!!! Today’s meeting topic is about eating slower and drinking water between bites. Talking about the importance of water is always a good reminder.
- Tracked 5 of 7 days. I am proud of this.
- I was crazy active this week… You’ll see how crazy I was in a minute.
What I will focus on this week:
- I have 2 weeks of half marathon training left so I have to keep up with the snacks, fruits, and veggies.
- Tomorrow night, I will make a delicious favorite recipe of mine from Skinnytaste for a casserole that will last a couple days. This was on my list to-do last week and I never did it. Tomorrow I will.
- Still looking for a few new low-point dessert ideas.
- I have been slacking a little on my lunches, they have been less filling and more snack-like. I need to plan better this week, which is something the casserole will help with.
I am so excited about my activity this past week. I ran 11 miles last Sunday and then had 3 runs during the week for another 11 miles. I finally, FINALLY, hit my goal of earning 60 activity points for the week. I hit 60 on Thursday and then had a total of 64 by the time I went to bed last night! This will be hard to top next week, but I’m going to see if I can hit 65!
So, what’s on schedule for my weekend? First and foremost, I’m going to ignore the stress of the week and focus on enjoying these two days. Today is my niece’s 6th birthday party! Tomorrow, I have a 12 mile run – my last long run for my half marathon training – and then I plan on being lazy afterwards. I go, go, go so much all the time, I look forward to the rare Sunday’s when we have nothing planned and can stay home all day long.
There is a lot happening in my life right now and a lot of it is stressful. I am always trying to pep talk myself and trying to not let myself get inside my head too much. This happens easily too me and then it’s downhill fast. Our meeting was closed this morning with a great quote and I wanted to share it with you…. This applies to not only this weight loss journey I’m on, but all things in life which seem like a struggle.
“You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.”
When things seem overwhelming, you have to approach it in steps. If you only see the very end result, you will be discouraged and feel like you will never get there. You have to make small changes, set small goals, and know that each one along the way is getting you closer and closer to your goal, whatever it may be.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!