Happy Saturday, all! It is a rainy morning here in Tampa Bay but I am okay with that since it’s a little bit of a cool front. And it will be the perfect day to do not much of anything.
The meeting this morning was fantastic. Several lifetime members spoke about their journey and how they have been successful in keeping the weight off. So much good information! The common thread of a successful lifetime member is continuing to go to the meetings and being accountable, even after reaching their goal. I like to refer to myself as a repeat offender since I made lifetime once and then gained it all back. Walking into that meeting every Saturday morning before the sun comes up is what starts my week off on the right foot. It is a reminder of what I need to do and that I can do it. As I inch closer to my goal and making lifetime again, I constantly remind myself that nothing changes when I hit that goal. I can’t stop going to the meetings then. I can’t. So, I very much enjoyed this morning’s meeting and the topic.
And in happy news…. I am down 2 pounds this week! Happy dance!!
I worked really hard this week. This week was yet another stressful one with my schedule and normal routine all messed up. I am honestly surprised that I lost weight amidst the turmoil. When I couldn’t run in the morning, I ran in the afternoon. I did what I could, when I could. And it worked.
Things I did right this week are:
- Tracked 5 of 7 days.
- I ate a lot of fruits and veggies again this week.
- Running in the afternoon heat meant extra water for me this week. Hydration is so important!
- I ran a lot this week. I joked in the meeting that I left the 2 pounds out on the pavement somewhere this week.
- I’m thinking a lot about reaching my goal and what my “after” story will be like. it’s important to keep that goal clear in my mind.
What I will focus on this week:
- Keep up with the fruits, veggies, and mid-morning snacks this week.
- I am going to make a casserole for dinner this week that will create lunch and dinner for another day. I love recipes that create more than one meal.
- With 3 weeks left in my half marathon training, I am very focused on that. Training encompasses not only the running, but recovery, fueling, and hydration. Oh, and enjoying myself too. The word training makes it sound hard or even serious, but it is fun.
- Looking for new point-friendly dessert ideas!
After hitting 58 activity points last week, I really wanted to hit 60 this week. Sadly, I did not. But I still earned 55, which is great!
Today will likely be a lazy day for me. I am going to take advantage of this rainy weather and take sometime to just relax. We have a full day tomorrow, I have 11 miles to run in the morning, then lunch for my sister-in-law Jenna’s birthday at the Sponge Docks, and then we’re taking our Little Brother out to play basketball. I imagine my head will hit the pillow pretty early tomorrow…
Do you have any point-friendly dessert recipes to share?