Another quick check-in this morning before hubby and I hit the road to Lakeland. He is always so supportive of my running, so today I am joining him at PSP World Cup for a day of paintball. He’ll be on cloud nine and I’ll get in a lot of walking and I’ll also get some sun. Not to mention there is the bonus of a day with hubby. Always nice.
This week, the scale was up. And I knew it would be. I made the choice yesterday to live in the moment and enjoy the fact that hubby and I were both off work early on a Friday. It was such a beautiful afternoon, I could not fight the urge to head to Clearwater Beach for dinner and cold beer on the patio of Hooters. It was such a nice way to end a stressful week. After dinner, we walked around like tourists for a little bit, had ice cream at a cute little shop we’d never been to before, and then walked on the beach in the cool sand and got our feet wet in the water. Every single ounce I gained because of that was worth it.
Things I did right this week are:
- It was a busy week and I was very active. We spent last weekend in Orlando with our niece and that meant a lot of walking. I also ran 3 times this week.
- I took water everywhere with me this week. I even skipped my coffee yesterday morning and took a big huge bottle of ice cold water to work with me.
- I tracked 4 days. Better than not at all.
What I will focus on this week:
- Some time ago, I stopped having a mid-morning snack and I don’t know why. Time to add that back in so I am not starving at lunch time.
- I would love to reach 60 activity points this week, so I’m going to try hard for that. I’ll be walking much of today, a 9 mile long run tomorrow, and then 11 miles total to run during the week.
- Remembering that change is okay. We talked about that the meeting this morning. In weight loss and life, change is good – and necessary.
- Tracking, tracking, tracking.
This week, my activity points were as high as last week, mostly because I didn’t have a long run last week. Still, 43 points is very good!
Today is a cross training day for me, so no running. Thankfully all the walking I’ll do today will count. As usual, I’m looking forward to my long run tomorrow. 9 miles! I can’t wait to hit 10 miles next week. I finally registered for the Women’s Half, so I am all set for next month. Training is going well. Even on the weeks where I have a gain, I still feel leaner and taller and I can thank running for that.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
I’m so excited that you’re going with me today. You’ll have a blast and get to meet some of my crazy paintball friends. I’ll get you out on the field with me one day to play………I just know I will. 🙂
I did paintball once with a couple of guy friends. It’s not my forte but I did have a blast! Enjoy your weekend 🙂