So…. As I have the last 37 weeks, I weigh in on Saturday mornings. This week, I had to weigh-in yesterday, on Friday, because I am headed to Orlando super early this morning for the second year of FLBlogCon.
Everything about this weigh-in was wrong…. Different WW location, I ran 3 miles before my weigh-in, drank 3 bottles of water before, and wore something totally different. It was a recipe for disaster. BUT! In my quest to stay accountable, I weighed in anyway. And I was up 3.4 pounds.
Up 3.4 pounds!!!! Ugh. If it had not been the wrong weigh-in day, post-workout, after 3 bottles of water, and wearing regular work clothes, I probably would have freaked. But I know it was not the best weigh-in conditions. The important thing was to keep myself accountable for the week and just weigh-in. And I did just that. I have not missed a weigh-in in 38 weeks. I am aiming for 52 weeks of consecutive weigh-ins!!!
Things I did right this week are:
- I tracked 5 of 7 days. Almost as good as last week.
- Just when I think it’s not possible to drink more water, I do. Running makes me thirsty.
- While I failed at food prep last weekend, I still did well with snacks and breakfast. Some weeks will just not play out like they should and I have to do the best I can.
- Despite having a pain in my foot on Tuesday and skipping my 3 miles run that morning, I finished the week strong by running Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
What I will focus on this week:
- Aiming for another good week of tracking. 7 of 7 days is always the goal, 6 of 7 days would be great.
- I am really hoping to do some food prep on Sunday. It really sets the tone for the week and I feel much more in control. The days when I don’t have snacks or lunch planned are not good. I need to be prepared.
- I have a 6 mile run on Sunday. This will be the longest non-race I will ever have run. I am looking forward to it and hoping that I do well with it. Yesterday, my foot didn’t bother me at all, I am hoping it will be the same on Sunday.
I got soooo close to 50 activity points this week, with a total of 48. Maybe next week? 4 days of running for this 5th week of half marathon training, 1 cross-training day, #dailycorework, and a bonus of having fun at the batting cages with out Little Brother on Sunday made this 48 points possible.
While I am missing my regular WW meeting this morning and all the wonderful people there, I am also excited about today. This is my second year going to FLBlogCon, and this year hubby is attending with me. I met some wonderful bloggers last year. I look forward to learning more this year and meeting some new people as well. And there is sure to be a lot of walking, which will make up my day of cross-training.
Tomorrow morning I will run 6 miles, assuming Mother Nature cooperates and holds off on the rain. I am looking forward to it. It makes me feel STRONG.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
I would never have the guts to drink 24 0z of water before getting on the scale. I would die of dehydration first, rather than do it. You are displaying a huge commitment to becoming an athlete and it’s awesome Aunt Nanci. Go go go go!!! Have fun at the conference and keep tracking!
Being the control freak AND creature of habit that I am, it was really hard to weigh in on a different day under those conditions. But I was determined to stay accountable and I did. Thanks so much for your kind words and following along on my journey!