Stress be damned. That’s all I have to say. Finding out your 3 year dog has cancer is a sure fire way to push you over the edge. And what does this girl do? Some unnecessary emotional eating.
But, AGAIN!, in my quest to do the best when I can because I refuse to let this battle beat me, I went to my 6:45am meeting this morning and got on the scale. I have to face it. Not getting on the scale won’t get me anywhere.
And a real eye opener… At the meeting we talked about how 2014 is just 17 weeks away. I have 17.4 lbs. to go to reach my goal of 140. I will do it. Some weeks will be better than others, but I will start 2014 at my goal weight. I WILL.
Things I did right this week are:
- The week started off pretty good as far as food. I went back to tracking in eTools and did that Saturday – Wednesday morning.
- I made a yellow rice, black bean, and tomato recipe that Patti in my meeting shared. It was so good and it last much of the week. I am going to make it again this week.
- Lots of activity points from getting all of my runs in.
What I will focus on this week:
- Getting back on track. I cannot let stress and emotions determine my fate. This coming week will be just as stressful when Blue goes in for surgery and we find out more about his cancer. I have to decide now to not let that interfere with staying on track.
- This is the start of a new month and that means setting a new monthly goal. I have it narrowed down to a few to decide from. Having monthly goals has been great and very attainable.
- A strong Week 3 of half marathon training. Tomorrow’s run will be the end of week 2 and it has been good.
- I am going to try to make some meals ahead this week. I will be less likely to make bad choices during the week when I have good choices ready and waiting for me.
As for my activity this week, it was stellar! I hit 42 points for the week. The more points I earn, the more I want to earn and I find myself pushing a little harder each day to get extra points in. I am aiming for 50!
Since I got home from the meeting this morning, I’ve already walked 2.15 miles, did my upper body workout, and finished off the #AugustCoreFocus challenge with a forearm plank and boat pose. I am so happy it’s a long weekend and I will enjoy our time off with running, relaxing, reading, cooking for the week ahead, and hot yoga class on Monday.
I hope you all have a wonderful (and safe!) holiday weekend!
Big hugs to you and Blue. Thinking of you!
I can’t believe 2014 is 17 weeks away! Oh my. I’m sorry to hear about your dog. I know how much you love both of them.
Damn 2014 is that close, we will blink and it will be here……………….the older I get the fast the year goes by……….
Sorry to hear about your dog. My thoughts are with you.
Keep pushing forward! I will follow you through the rest of the year, as I’m starting my own 12 week fitness journey tomorrow. Time to put a little focus on me!
Very sorry about the news for your dog!
Great job refocusing for the future!
Thank you, he’s doing fine after his surgery. Now if I can just make it through the next week until he gets his stitches out. He is a crazy dog!
Sorry to hear about your dog 🙁 Poor thing. Hope he pulls through ok! I love that you’re sharing your journey with weight loss because it’s a really emotional and difficult thing to do at times. It’s great how you’re so open about when you’ve had a set-back and why that happened etc. I’m positive you’ll start 2014 at your goal weight – fingers crossed for you girl! Also – how is it only that long until 2014?!?!?