I pulled off a miracle this week. These are all excuses, but we started out the week without a/c, and then we had 3 days of crazy afternoon storms where we lost power several times. One of our Aussies, Blue, is terrified of storms so that’s always a challenge. All this led to stress eating and bad to no tracking. It wasn’t pretty. And I walked into my meeting this morning afraid of stepping on the scale. (I will say, though, that no matter how afraid I was of the facing the scale, I never once thought of not weighing in. I am holding myself accountable every week when it comes to that scale.)
When I saw that I had lost weight – a good bit of weight – I was ecstatic. I don’t know how I did it, but I did. It’s like a Christmas miracle!
Let’s see what we can focus on here before we move on to the next week….
Things I did right this week are:
- I drank a lot of water…
- I was craving fruit this week and had the most amazing green grapes. I hope I can find more this week.
- This was the first week of half marathon training for me (I am doing a 14-week plan). Between 3 days of running for that, plus my longest run ever last Sunday at the bridge, I did get a lot of activity in. This was probably my saving grace, although I don’t always believe you can out-exercise bad food choices.
- Not every meal was bad, I did make some good choices this week. I had fish a couple times, and broiled zucchini, and even breakfast for dinner again. Always a winner.
What I will focus on this week:
- Tracking. This has to be a priority. And while I like tracking by hand as I have been for a few weeks, I’ve left my tracker at home a few times this week and that led to not tracking. I may need to make the switch back to eTools just for ease of use. Or do both. Regardless, I have to track. HAVE to.
- Week 2 of half marathon training will be the same as week 1. As much as I love my banana with peanut butter for breakfast after my morning run, I need to have a bigger breakfast or add in another morning. I find on the days that I run that I am hungry, hungry, hungry.
- Once again, it’s time to stock up at the grocery store. I plan to buy more fresh produce and fruits, less processed foods.
I rocked the activity points this week! I’ve been averaging about 25 per week lately and I am happy to say I finally broke past that and earned 35 points! I love seeing this higher number.
Today on my half marathon training plan, I have cross training so I will likely walk and do some weights. I also need to do day 24 of #AugustCoreFocus challenge. A few errands and some major cleaning up in our yard will take up the rest of the day. Tomorrow I have 3 miles to do and we’ll likely go to the bridge. We also have plans with our Little Brother tomorrow!
Till next time! Have a great weekend!
Congrats on the loss! Nice job!
Good luck with your training plan! I have a goal to do one by next year, so right now I’ve stepped up to Hal Higdon’s 10k novice training. I like his plans.
Thank you Courtney! My training plan is actually Hal Higdon’s Novice 2, but I added 2 weeks to it. Best of luck with your 10K training!