WW Weigh-In #3
Hi everyone! Despite the dreary morning here this morning, I am pretty darn happy. I went to my WW meeting this morning, only five minutes late after waking up 27 minutes late. Since I am always early to EVERYTHING, I hate being late so I was a little discombobulated. Add to that some stress over getting on the scale. You know those times when you know you did your best for the week, but you feel it wasn’t good enough? That maybe those couple of days you were on the road all day and didn’t bring enough snacks could have been your downfall? That’s exactly how I felt this morning. Add to that the awful bloating I had yesterday and this morning (sorry, TMI) and I was fully expecting a gain.
But my fear was all for nothing. So happy about that! Here are the results for this week…. Pretty exciting, right?!
Things I did right this week are:
- Tracked everything I ate, counted every point, even when I ate things that I shouldn’t. KEPT MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE.
- Water, water, water…. I feel like I float everywhere from all the water I drink.
- I ate breakfast everyday. It starts the day right and keeps me in check.
- I am not afraid to make myself something different for dinner than what hubby has. He has been eating better as well, but there are certain foods I enjoy that he does not so I make two dinners.
What I will focus on this week:
- Add a few more fruits and veggies to my day.
- Make homemade salad dressing for the week to save on points.
- Try one new WW recipe this week.
- Add a protein to my lunch salad.
So now that I’ve been back to Weight Watchers for 3 weeks and I am doing very well with it, I am ready to share with you my starting weight. I am trying not to put everything on the number on the scale, but also how I feel in my skin and in my clothes. I hate being uncomfortable. Hate, hate, hate it. Weight Watchers eTools has a fantastic graph that shows your weight loss. The second I weigh-in at the meeting, it’s updated on my eTools and I can see how far I’ve come that week and since I started. Since I am such a visual person, this works wonders for me.
Keeping myself accountable…. That’s the point of sharing this. On January 1, 2013 I weighed in at 178 pounds. My highest EVER. Six pounds more than my previous highest ever weight that I swore would never happen again. Three weeks later I am down a total of 7.6 pounds. I hope the downward trend of the graph continues. I know there will be weeks where I maintain or gain. It can happen and it will. But at this moment, I am focusing on what I have done in the last 3 weeks. I CAN DO THIS.
When I got home from the meeting, I made myself a delicious breakfast. Two eggs and tomato slices with basil and coffee. Hit the spot and just 6 points!
What helps keep you accountable? What are your meal planning techniques?