This week, I had a HUGE non-scale victory. On the 4th of July, as a matter of fact. I wore a pair of shorts that have not fit in two years. I used to wear shorts all the time. The last two years, not so much. But stacked neatly on the top shelf of our closet are the clothes that have not fit the last couple of years. I decided to try them on and I was surprised that they fit, and fit enough to wear them without feeling uncomfortable. The non-scale victories are such an important part of my weight loss journey. This morning, I went to my 6:45am WW meeting, albeit very sleepy. I was hoping for a loss, that 25 pound mark just a little over a pound away after last week’s weigh-in. But alas, the scale reminded me that even when you work hard, it may not always cooperate and showed a gain. A big gain. I wasn’t happy but reminded myself of those shorts I wore the other day.
Ugh. It really is hard to be positive when you see a gain like that. But I have to remember that the numbers do not define who I am or how far I’ve come. I am still down over 20 pounds, still safely in the 150’s, and still over halfway to my goal. Things I did right this week are:
- I worked my butt off. Would the scale have been even more cruel to me had I not worked so hard? I ran 5 days this week, went to hot yoga, and did my upper body workouts.
- Enjoyed the 4th of July cookout at my brother’s house, dinner out with hubby one night, and lunch out with my mom one day. I enjoyed plenty of fruits, veggies, and proteins for the rest of my meals.
- Yesterday, we stocked up on fresh veggies from a local produce market. I am excited about the possibilities for the week!
- I tracked 6 out of 7 days this week.
What I will focus on this week:
- Keep on working out! Running has become very much part of my routine, hoping for another 3 or 4 days this week.
- Hoping to get creative with veggies this week. I am on a sweet potato kick and I have several recipes to try, thanks to input from Facebook and Twitter.
- Tracking! It’s the heart of the program.
As for my activity this week, I have no idea how many points I earned. A week ago Thursday, the clip for my ActiveLink broke. I ordered a new one the next day and have been hoping all week it would come in. Just yesterday, I received an email that my order just processed on the 3rd and it will arrive in 3-10 days. I hope it comes in SOON, I miss using it. Going on the past several weeks, I think it’s safe to say I earned 30 – 35 points based on my activity. I already went for my run this morning and did my upper body workout. I had a delicious breakfast of eggs, whole wheat English muffin with apple butter, and a plum. Very filling and it hit the spot!
Tonight our niece will stay over which is sure to be fun. We’ll go to the park in the morning and be silly and she’ll keep me laughing. She’s so fabulous. Other than that, it will be a typical weekend here. Here’s to hoping it doesn’t pass to quickly. I am so not ready to go back to work on Monday.