These weeks are just flying by, aren’t they? Saturday again… I’ve went to my 6:45 meeting this morning, grabbed a latte on the way home, made my grocery list, and went for a 2 mile run. So far, a very productive day!
This week was a challenge and very stressful. There seems to be so much out of my control and I don’t do well with that. When I face challenges like that, the things I can control seem to suffer. And they really suffered this week. I went WAY over my points, didn’t track for two days, and ate awful. I made bad choices that were momentarily comforting and in no way helped my stress. That kind of emotional eating is what got me to 178 pounds and I do not need to end up there again.
I’ve said it a hundred times, so here it is a hundred and one… I am all for going out and having fun and living my life and indulging in foods from time to time. I’m not going to eat perfectly all the time. I love too many foods and beverages to not have the things I enjoy. But I make adjustments and account for it. It’s the careless eating at lunch and not planning ahead that can quickly spiral into eating that way all the time. And that I cannot do. I wrote a post on it Thursday in an effort to hold my self accountable, appropriately titled Because I am human. I was determined to get back to tracking and I did. Thursday and Friday I tracked 100% of what I ate, so I feel better.
I was positive I had gained and I even thought momentarily about using my no weigh-in pass this morning, but I did not. I needed to weigh-in, regardless of what my weight might be, that way I could face it, be accountable, and move on. And I’m glad I did, because I managed to pull off a loss.
Whew! I got lucky. So does that mean I can hit those drive-thrus during the week and eat bad? NO!!! This was pure luck. I also chopped 7 inches off my hair yesterday so I’m sure that has something to do with it….
Things I did right this week are:
- In an effort to find the positive in everything, I am proud of myself for snapping out of my no tracking funk after 2 days and getting back to it.
- I am proud of myself for recognizing the potential downfall that could happen if I didn’t face it head on. It’s too easy to fall back into old ways, no matter how long you’ve been doing your best.
- I still drank a lot of water. That is always a constant.
- I ran 3 mornings this week.
What I will focus on this week:
- TRACKING!!!! Today starts a new week (in WW world) and I have a clean slate to work with.
- More activity… Even running 3 mornings, my activity points were the lowest they’ve been in a long time.
- We talked about hard boiled eggs at the meeting this morning so I’m going to make a bunch and keep them in the refrigerator, They are great for snacks, on salad, and more. I was making them weekly but I haven’t in a few. Time to add them back in, great for protein.
- Remembering that I human. I will have setbacks and there will be stressful, challenging days. Remembering that I am strong enough to face them is hard sometimes and I have to remind myself that food is not the answer.
Just 21 activity points… I know I can do better than that!
Now I’m headed to the store to get ready for the week ahead! How are you spending your Saturday? Over here, there will be reading and cleaning. Never a shortage of things that need to be done around the house!
Have a great weekend!