Twenty weeks! This is the second longest time I’ve stayed with WW and there is no doubt it was a great decision to go back on January 1 and start 2013 off right. No. Doubt.
This week’s weigh-in….
Twenty weeks has brought me an average of a pound a week! Some weeks have been up, some have been down but it’s a pretty good pace to lose weight and keep it off. I ‘m not in this to lose it fast. I want to lose it slow so it doesn’t come back. That’s the plan – keep it off.
Things I did right this week are:
- Ran my butt off. I am in the midst of week 3 of the #mayruneveryday challenge and I’ve been doing 2 miles daily.
- Eat a healthy snack before and after a run. Bananas are my friend!
- Took my lunch 4 of 5 days as planned.
- Tracked everything, even the splurges last weekend. It’s important to track everything. Here’s a good one to remember…. Only track on the days you want to lose weight.
- I’ve been drinking Smart Water after my runs for the electrolytes.
What I will focus on this week:
- Time to stock up on fruits and veggies again. This week, I’m going to freeze some grapes for a great post-run snack.
- I have a new chicken recipe to try thanks to our friend Ashley. It sounds amazing!
- Will finish typing up my recipes to share with all those who have asked about them. I’ve taken forever to do it (sorry!!!) and it will be a great reminder for myself.
I finally hit 50 activity points for the week…. 53 to be exact! Running every day has obviously played a big part in that.
I also received the report for the end of my first 12-week challenge. It’s mind boggling to think about how I’ve earned 396 activity points in those 12 weeks.
And because non-scale victories are just as important as what the scale says, I had a HUGE one yesterday. Since summer is here (groan), I had to buy a pair of running shorts that I could actually run in. The pair I have constantly ride up and it’s not comfortable. They’re good for just wearing, but not running in. I went to Sports Authority with a $7 rewards certificate and a 20% off coupon and decided to splurge on myself. Shorts were a priority but I also found a cute top. It was worth every penny… Never underestimate the power of nice running clothes that fit well. Thank you New Balance! I love my capris and I’m sure I will wear them again, but the shorts I bought are amazing. They didn’t ride up once during my run this morning and they are slimming. As for the top, it has a built-in sports bra which means I’m not constantly adjusting my tank top. It is so important to be comfortable while running. There’s even a little zipper pocket on the shirt for my key. Love! And most exciting of all, I feel amazing wearing it.
I’ve already done my morning run and had my coffee and a yummy egg and salsa breakfast. Next up is an afternoon with my fabulous sister-in-law Jenna, for lunch and a book event at Inkwood Books in Tampa. It’s always fun to spend time together!
Have a great weekend!