Good morning! It has already been a productive morning for me…. After my WW meeting, hubby and I went for a 2 mile run, completing day 11 of the #mayruneveryday challenge we are participating in. Holy humidity! And then we went to Starbucks with a very excited Blue and Ozzie. They got their treats and I got my coffee. It’s a good day already!
I had a small loss this week, 0.2 lbs., which is always to be expected after a big week like I had last week. I’ll take it. With all the running I’m doing, I’m drinking more water and eating more. However, I am noticing things like my running capris being loose and I’m feeling tall and strong!
Things I did right this week are:
- I ran every day and on my best day, I ran a 9:48 mile. What a confidence booster that was! It’s always a great feeling when hard work pays off and improvements are made.
- Changed it up a little for dinner twice this week. One night I had a pork chop, sliced, over broccoli slaw. It was very light and delicious. Another night I browned some lean ground beef in olive oil with squash. I have not been eating a lot of red meat so this was a yummy change!
- Tracked everything I ate this week.
- Water, dear water. It’s a good thing I love water.
What I will focus on this week:
- Keep up with the running challenge, almost halfway through the month!
- Take my lunch 4 of 5 days this week. This is probably one of the best things I do to help keep on track and I can enjoy a “bigger” meal for dinner which is the meal I enjoy most.
- Stock up on fruits… I enjoyed pineapple last week, which I had not had in awhile. I’ve also been eyeing the fresh raspberries at the store.
- Try one new recipe this week. It’s important to change it up.
Another stellar week on my ActiveLink… I didn’t make it to my goal of 50 for the week, but 44 is nothing to sneeze at!
Our excitement for the weekend includes the Rays game tonight and Kenny Loggins post-game concert (and meet and greet!). Yes, I am such an 80’s girl. Grocery shopping, cleaning (if I have to), reading, another run tomorrow morning, and then Mother’s Day lunch. I hope the weekend doesn’t pass too quickly…
Have a fabulous weekend!
What is your favorite go-to meal during the week? How often do you take your lunch?