Good morning! <yawn> I was out late last night with hubby while he worked a live broadcast a the Seminole Hard Rock Casino. It was a fun time! My mom went over with me and we had fun playing the slots for a bit (rule: never take more than you are willing to lose). Hubby was able to eat dinner with us and I had a scrumptious Chicken Haystack Salad for dinner – good choices rock! Met up with some friends later in the evening and got home around midnight. Anyone who knows me know that this is way past my bedtime. I am usually in bed between 9:30 and 10.
But, regardless of how late we were out last night, I was up and ready to go for my WW meeting this morning. Can’t miss that! Especially this week when I have been working my shrinking behind off to hit my 10% goal. So…. How did I do? I needed to lose 1.0 pound today to hit that goal. 1 POUND.
Yes, you read that right. I am now .02 away from my 10% goal. SERIOUSLY?!?! So. Freaking. Close. I even stepped off the scale and got back on it but it was the same. In hindsight that could have backfired on me, but it didn’t.
Am I frustrated? A little. But mostly I know that the scale cannot and will not rule my world. More than any numbers on the scale, the way my clothes are fitting and how I am feeling is even more proof. But, I also really want to reach that 10% goal, my first big milestone.
Things I did right this week are:
- Got in 3 good runs this week. Really good ones. Some days, the running just clicks in all aspects. This was one of those weeks.
- I ate a lot of fruits and veggies this week. Still trying to be in the mindset of eating lighter foods in the hotter months.
- Water, like it’s going out of style. I often feel like I may float away. The more I run, the more water I need. Thank goodness I love water.
- I made the Balsamic Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad recipe in last week’s WW Weekly and it was very good. I had it with a piece of broiled tilapia and it was the perfect side for it. I will definitely make it again.
- I actually wore shorts this week, twice, to run in. I have not worn shorts in almost 2 years now. This was a huge non-scale victory for me. HUGE.
What I will focus on this week:
- 3 runs this week are a must. Tomorrow we’re going back to the bridges in the morning before the heat kicks in. A couple evening runs during the week to top it off.
- The recipe in this week’s WW Weekly is for a Turkey Reuben. I love Reubens! Can’t wait to try that, it will make for a perfect lunch one day.
- One thing I seem to struggle with every week is breakfast. I am burned out on oatmeal so I’m trying to find something else that is equally filling.
My three runs this week really boosted my activity points. 44 points for the week! I love it when those points add up. I am still loving the Active Link. It is a reminder to keep moving and every little bit helps.
In other exciting news…. At my WW meeting this morning, Marilyn (awesome receptionist!) told me I was just the person she wanted to see… After realizing I was not in trouble, she said they are having an event there on June 1st all about being active and they are looking for speakers and she said I was the first person she thought of. She’d love to have me talk about my running and staying active.. Little ol’ me! Of course I told her I would love to. I feel honored that she asked. Never mind the fact that I am terrified speaking in front of people, but I’ll just have to get over that. There’s no way I ‘m going to let that opportunity slip by. It will be another source of motivation for me to keep up everything I’m doing. I’m excited!
Do you celebrate your non-scale victories? How important are they to you? Share one with me!