I’ve had 15 weigh-ins since going back to WW on January 1. I have not missed one. My motivation and determination are still high. I am in this for the long haul. I have to be.
I felt pretty good about this morning’s weigh-in, considering yesterday I wanted to eat and/or drink everything in site after a crappy day. But as much as I wanted to plow through a bag of chips and some ice cold beer, it just did not seem worth it. I would have been furious with myself afterwards. And I am so glad I listened to that inner voice.
This morning Beverly, our fabulous leader, told me how slim and trim I was looking. HUGE ego boost right there. I can definitely feel the changes and it’s nice when other people recognize them and acknowledge it. This week’s loss puts me within 1.6 lbs. of hitting my 10% goal. It is soooooo close!!
Things I did right this week are:
- I got in 2 days of bridge repeats this week. Huge fat and calorie burner!
- The meal planning I did on Sunday helped. We stuck to it for 3 of the meals, but that means I have plenty of chicken for this week!
- Only ate lunch out once and even then I had an AMAZING salad at Jason’s Deli. In case you’re wondering, it was the chicken club salad. Who doesn’t like chicken, bacon, and fresh avocado on a salad? So good.
- Tracking. Even if I know I am going over, I still track it. Accountability.
What I will focus on this week:
- Since I am running the Iron Girl Half Marathon tomorrow, I will have mucho activity points. After I enjoy my post-race meal which I let myself splurge on, I have to get back to the norm. I find that when I run half-marathons, I am super hungry for a few days afterwards, despite eating 3 meals and snacks. I am aware of it now and need to keep it in check so I can hit my 10% next week!
- Bridge training isn’t necessary anymore, but I would love to still get out there once a week and keep it up. Sometime between tomorrow and next Saturday, I want to get out there again.
- With this weather getting warmer, salads are a great meal. So, I want to get creative with salads this week and see if I can twist hubby’s arm to have a salad for dinner one night.
This was a good week for activity points, even with not going to hot yoga. The bridge repeats really rack up the points and the evening dog walks help. 26 points for the week! Trying to get to 30….
I hope you all have a great weekend!
What will you do to be active this weekend? Any salad recipes you’d like to share?