Happy Saturday! Another stressful week behind me and my favorite day of the week is here. You know it’s been a long week when you didn’t get to yoga mid-week like you wanted so you did everything in your power to make it to the 3pm class on Friday. Boy, did I need it. Although, I may have nodded off momentarily as I was laying there waiting for class to start. I was exhausted. It was an other great class and I enjoyed sweating my butt off and the warmth in my muscles. I have been going to hot yoga now just about as long as I have been back at WW and I can absolutely see changes in my body. I even took this picture after class because I was feeling really good about my progress and shared it on Facebook and Twitter…
I am guilty of focusing too much on the scale and we all know that it’s not always that number that is important. It’s how we feel or how our clothes fit and celebrate non-scale victories. I needed that moment as a gentle reminder to myself.
So… Great WW meeting (er, party, as Beverly likes to call them. Love her!). I love going first thing in the morning and starting my day with a nice pep talk. And, I had a loss!
Things I did right this week are:
- I was pretty active! Went to hot yoga twice and ran the Memorial Bridge twice. The hot yoga was a nice compliment to the hard work of running the bridge. And not let’s forget about the 5,386,159 leaves we raked up at my mom’s last Saturday.
- I missed breakfast one day this week and it was a HUGE reminder of how important breakfast is to my day. I made sure I had breakfast the next day and didn’t let that happen again.
- Planned ahead on Thursday and had snacks with me, knowing I’d be on the road most of the day.
What I will focus on this week:
- Since I am running the Sarasota Half Marathon tomorrow, I will earn major activity points for the week, which will be perfect timing for all the eating out that is sure to happen with my Aunt Darlene in town.
- I will do my best to make good choices when we eat out and make up for it by eating healthy on the meals I make or have at home. This week will be all about finding balance.
- Drink plenty of water!
- Try to get to hot yoga twice amidst the fun of the week.
I had a great week on my ActiveLink… 31 points earned! I can’t wait to see how many points I earn tomorrow after 13.1 miles.
Other than some cleaning, today will be a rest day for me. I need a day at home to just relax. I hope to read, nap, and enjoy the day. And then tomorrow morning I’ll be up at 3am to get ready and head to Sarasota!
Have a great weekend!
Do you remember to celebrate non-scale victories? What makes you feel your best?