Tuesdays sure do seem to come around quickly. And Tuesday means it’s True Confessions day. Today’s confessions are done with a little twist, they are all about running. This all came to me as I was running this morning. (I seem to have my best blogging ideas when I’m running…).
- I CONFESS that I run for me, myself, and I. I don’t run for anyone else.
- I CONFESS that running is as much mental as it is physical for me. I need to run not only for the sake of my butt and thighs, but also for my well-being. It is an outlet for every emotion that I am feeling on any given day. It is good for my mind and my heart, and it reminds me to just breathe.
- I CONFESS that I don’t feel the least bit guilty when I take an hour to run. When I put my headphones on and listen to whatever music fits my mood, I am lost in the music and the pounding of my feet on the pavement and how good it makes me feel.
- I CONFESS that if I did not run, it is highly likely that I would need some form of medication. I’ve been down the anti-depressant path before and while I am not opposed to taking medication when it is needed, I would much rather deal with it naturally, without other side effects. The benefits of running far outweigh any little pill I could take.
- I CONFESS that I have a hard time considering myself to be a runner, but every time I get out there and run, it’s a little easier.
- I CONFESS that some days it is really hard to get out there and run, but it is ALWAYS worth it when it’s done.
- I CONFESS that running makes me feel confident, strong, and healthy.
- I CONFESS that I don’t run fast and I don’t run pretty. But I put one foot in front of the other and keep going.
- I CONFESS that I am so very luck to live next to Eagle Lake Park, where the sunrises are amazing. Here is a a photo from this morning’s run…
Do you have confessions about why you run? I’d love to hear them!