TV. Whether you love it or hate it, it is a big part of our world. I happen to love TV and I’m sure I watch too much of it, but that’s okay. So, this week’s Top Ten Tuesday is about my favorite TV shows. Some old, some current.
As always, no particular order, because we all know I have a hard time making up my mind about things.
10. Beverly Hills, 90210 – I know, I know. But I watched every single season of the gang as they went through high school and hung out at The Peach Pit and had their horrible issues growing up as rich kids in Beverly Hills.
9. The Office – Ironically, I didn’t like this show at first. But it grew on me and as we watched rerun after rerun, I wish we had caught onto it early on like the rest of the world.
8. House – Dr. Gregory House was such a total ass but I loved him. I loved the out-there quality of the show and how he could solve the strangest of illnesses or diseases.
7. Nip / Tuck – This show was out there and very seductive. It was just hard to look away. Every one of the characters were a mess and I hated and loved them at the same time.
6. ER – It’s been a long time since I loved a medical drama as much as ER. George Clooney as a doctor? Yes please. It was a great show and I was sad to see it end.
5. Big Bang Theory – This goes without saying. This show is a close second to my love for Friends, probably because of the dynamic of all the characters and how we’ve come to love them.
4. Law & Order: SVU – If it’s on any channel, I’m watching it. I am happiest when there is a weekend marathon and I can plop myself in front of the TV and watch episodes I’ve probably already watched before. I love Benson and Stabler the best.
3. Family Ties – I know. I’m really dating myself here, but I love The Keatons and first getting to know Michael J. Fox.
2. Will & Grace – I was a sucker for Thursday night must-see-tv and this was a must watch for me. How could you not love the dynamic of Will and Grace and Jack and Karen? And once they brought on Harry Connick Jr.? I saw every episode.
1. Friends – and this one is my #1 and will ALWAYS be. I’ve seen all 10 seasons OVER and OVER again not only on re-runs but also the entire DVD collection I have. And, of course, I have the series finale on DVD. I love everything about Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Ross, Chandler, and Joey and it will never get old. To this day, even after seeing it probably a hundred times, the last episode makes me cry.
What is on your Top Ten list of TV shows?