This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about books. I love to read and can spend hours with a book in my hand. For this week, I’m making this post all my own by talking specifically about dog books. It’s common knowledge to everyone who know me that I am a dog lover. Always have been, always will. I’ve had some very special dogs over the years who are still a part of me and currently our house is ruled by our two crazy Australian Shepherds. And now that my mom is living with us, we have her dog as well, the dorkiest Dalmatian you will ever meet. I love every one of them despite how much they may drive me crazy on a daily basis.
Because of my love of dogs, I also love to read books about dogs. Fiction, memoirs, non-fiction – you name it. I go into any dog-related book knowing full well that I will likely cry my way through it and that’s okay. Dogs are with us for such a short time in the grand scheme of things and it is a fact of life.
So, I am sharing my favorite dog books for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday. And these are in no particular order because I loved every single one of them.
10. Soul of a Dog by Jon Katz
9. Dog Days by Jon Katz
8. Dog Years by Mark Doty
7. A Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas
6. One Good Dog by Susan Wilson
5. Amazing Grace: A Dog’s Tale by Dan Dye and Mark Beckloff
4. Izzy & Lenore: Two Dogs, An Unexpected Journey, and Me by Jon Katz
3. Marley & Me: Life and Love With The World’s Worst Dog by John Grogan
2. A Dog’s Journey by W. Bruce Cameron (follow up to his first book listed below…)
1. A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron – this story was so touching and I cannot wait for the movie to come out! Here’s the trailer. Grab your tissues before you watch this.
If you have time, hop on over and what books Run.Chew.Sparkle is sharing for her Top Ten Tuesday.
If you are a dog lover too, what is your favorite dog book?