Happy August! I can’t believe we are eight months into this year already. I am very excited to nearing the end of summer (kind of since it’s summer forever here in Florida).
It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday and this week we are talking desserts. There is going to be no shame whatsoever in this list of desserts. A few are what I would consider light and better for me, but for the most part, they are all heavenly treats that I love. While you’re at it, be sure to stop over and check out Run.Chew.Sparkle and See Jackie Runn for their Top Ten Tuesday post too!
In our house, we love dessert. We have it every night. It’s a necessary treat. We try to be good about it sometimes, but other times we just don’t care.
Here we go…. My top ten favorite desserts.
10. Birthday Cake – I love a good birthday cake and my favorite is without a doubt, marble cake with buttercream icing from Publix. YUM.
9. Pineapple Cake – this one falls under the healthier category but it’s a constant in our house. It’s simply a box of angel food cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple. We top it with fat free Cool Whip.
8. Chocolate Frozen Yogurt – when I’m trying to go easy on the ice cream, I switch to frozen yogurt and top it with fresh raspberries and fat free Cool Whip.
7. White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies – no explanation needed on these. The softer and chewier they are, the better.
6. Marble Brownies – I haven’t made these in forever, and it’s one of the few things I like cream cheese in. The recipe is on the side of the Duncan Hines box of brownies and it’s super easy.
5. Cake In A Cup – it’s been a long time since I’ve made this, it goes back to my Weight Watchers days. I should make this again soon. Mix a box of angel food cake mix and one other flavor (such as Spice or Devils Food) in a big ziploc bag. One scoop in a cup with water, pop in the microwave, and top with fat free Cool Whip. It’s the perfect, single serve dessert.
4. Cappuccino Fudge Blitz Ice Cream – yet another treat from Publix, this is a flavor of their brand of ice cream. SO good.
3. Cold Stone Cake ‘N Shake – when hubby and I go, we each have to get our own, there is no sharing it. I’ll drink all of it.
2. Pumpkin Cheesecake – my mom’s homemade is my favorite. The graham cracker crust is perfection and of course, I love all things pumpkin.
1. Tiramisu – and I especially love the Tiramisu from the Publix bakery. We literally buy it and split it and it’s gone in one sitting. It’s so rich and creamy and delicious.
What is on your list of favorite desserts?