Posts tagged run
I am excited about this event! The Color Run is coming to Clearwater! They have announced their 2014 Kaleidoscope Tour which is sure to have a location near you! This will be my first year to participate in it. It will be fun to get out there with friends and have a great time in what is touted as The Happiest 5K On The Planet!
This is an untimed event. It’s all about celebrating healthiness, happiness, and individuality. Thousands of participants are doused from head to toe in different colors at each kilometer. The Color Run caters to anyone – first time runners to professional athletes. Over 60 percent of Color Runners are first-time 5k runners and participate as a celebration and capstone of their healthy living accomplishments.
There are only two rules, for this event and the idea is easy to follow:
- Wear white at the starting line
- Finish plastered in color!
The fun continues after Color Runners complete the race with an unforgettable Finish Festival. This larger than life party is equipped with music, dancing and massive color throws, which create millions of vivid color combinations. Trust us, this is the best post-5k party on the planet!
The event in Clearwater is on January 26, 2014 and starts and ends at Coachman Park. But if you don’t live in Clearwater, there are MANY other locations across the country. Click here to find a location near you!
I also have a discount code to share with you, to save $5 off the registration fee! When using the code, please type the code in, do not copy/paste. Register today using discount code COLOR5OFF.
Please let me know if you register for this event and which location! For my local friends, let me know if you will be there as well!
**The Color Run has provided two free race entries for my blog post but all opinions are my own.
Recently, I won a contest hosted by my friend Jenny over at Metamorfit, she was giving away a $15 gift certificate towards a Road ID. I’ve wanted one for awhile – I really should have some identification on me when I run. I was so excited when I actually won the gift certificate!
Road ID has many options available. I went back and forth on which one to buy – it was a toss up between the Shoe Pouch ID and the Wrist ID Sport. I liked the idea of wearing it on my shoe, but ultimately decided on the Wrist ID Sport because I love the stitching on the band and most of all, it is reflective. I’ve been running a lot in the early morning before the sun comes up and I do my best to be safe. This would be a bonus.
Source: Road ID
Their website is super easy to navigate and there are many options. When you enter the personalization for your Road ID, it actually shows it on the screen. There are many color options and you can order extra wrist bands. I decided on a red band and a black band.
When you personalize your Road ID, you include your name, your city / state / zip code, two emergency contacts, allergy or medical info, and then you have one line to personalize with a saying or motto. Mine says Work Hard ~ Play Hard. Perfect!
I ordered my Road ID on Saturday July 20, received confirmation that it shipped on Tuesday July 23, and received it on Friday July 26. I was so excited when it showed up in my mailbox!
The Road ID is very light and fits well. Despite the fact that I have tiny wrists, I ordered the medium / large size because I knew I would wear it loose like I do my Garmin watch. I wore it on my run this morning and I forgot I had it on.
If you run, walk, or cycle, I highly recommend a Road ID. It offers peace of mind, knowing that if something were to happen, people would know how to get ahold of your loved ones. It’s always best to be safe, and safety is worth so much more than the $19.99 this Road ID cost.
If you’d like to learn more about Road ID or to order your own, you can visit their website. I highly recommend it!
Do you run with identification? Do you have a Road ID?
All opinions expressed in this post are my own.
I love a holiday that falls on a work day because that means a day off! Hubby and I went for a run bright and early this morning. Since we have the day off, we are also going to a hot yoga class. I haven’t been in forever and I am very much looking forward to it. I may hate the heat outside, but I love the heat in that studio. It does wonders for my muscles and lets me really stretch.
This afternoon we are going to my brother and sister-in-laws house for a cookout. Our evening will end at Crystal Beach where hopefully they will have fireworks if the rain stays away.
Whatever your plans may be, I hope you have a happy – and safe – 4th of July! And if you are a pet owner, keep them safe today!
How will you celebrate the holiday?
Two years ago if you had asked me what I was doing for National Running Day, I would have assumed you were joking or asked you if there really is such a thing. Of course there is!! And now, I would answer by saying, I’m running, of course!
The reasons I run are really endless. I never thought I’d be that person that is ready to head out the door in the morning before the sun is even up to get a couple miles in. I have also met some wonderful people, both in real life and through blogs, because of running. I am thankful to be able to run.
I run for stress relief. I run to get in shape. I run to feel better. I run because I love food. I run for beer. I run because it’s cheaper than therapy. I run because I can. I run because it makes me feel strong. I run because it makes me proud.
I was going to run this afternoon, but the rain chances are very high. So, I already went for my run this morning. It was hot and humid but it felt great. 2 miles before my day starts.
Are you running today? If you are, be sure to visit runningday.org to claim your badge, find a meet-up near you, and to share your love of running.
Tell me… Why do you run?
Last week, I shared with you a new website for runners, one where you can not only research and buy running hear, but also earn rewards towards your purchase by sending in your used running shoes.
Well!! The site is now up and running. And I urge you to check it out… It very user friendly, full of information for the individual who may not know what they need, and more. SO much more!
Here are several good reasons why you should check out Kindrunner.com…
- Confident Runner Pricing – An option presented upon checkout which rewards those who know exactly what they are looking for. This option waives the Free Return Shipping but offers the shoe at a below retail price. Shipping of product to customer is still free, as is the return shipping of donated shoes for Kindness Cash Rewards Program.
- Free 3 Way Shipping – Free shipping of your order to you, free shipping of any returns for any reason, free shipping of your donated shoes back to Kindrunner for re-purposing with Soles 4 Souls or The More Foundation Group.
- Kindness Cash Rewards Program – This is what turns your old shoes into credit towards new ones or any product on the Kindrunner website. KCR are available to the customer after any footwear purchase (the idea behind this is to replace your old shoes with new ones, and keep the old ones out of the garbage, landfills, or ones closet… thus why it is available after footwear purchase). Upon receipt of their footwear order, customers have the option to place their old shoes into the KindRunner shipping box and place the pre-paid return label on the box for shipment back. Upon receipt of the label, they will scan the bar code and place the KCR into the customers account for future use. Each return label (whether it contain one pair or 4 pairs of shoes) is worth $10 KCR per new shoes purchased (5 pairs purchased on that order, you can earn up to $50 KCR) or credits towards future purchase. The KCR can be used to purchase ANYTHING that kindrunner sells and will never expire.
- Expert Product Reviews – Visit their YouTube page…. Each and every product they carry will come with an expert product review video on the same page that the product is listed on. These videos are done by individuals who have worked in the running industry for a number of years either as shoe reps, store owners, or expert shoe fitters at one of the oldest running stores in the nation.
- Easy 365 returns – A customer has 365 days to return any product, so long as it is in its original packaging and in its original condition. If you are injured and unable to use the shoe, if your doctor wants you in a different model because of orthotics, no worries… no questions asked!
- “Free Socks for Life” to their first 500 customers! Each time one of the first 500 customers returns and purchases a new shoe their order will ship with a free pair of socks of their choice. As long as this customer continues to run, they will continue to get socks from kindrunner.com!
I hope you’ll take a minute to check out this great new site for any of your running gear needs. They have all the top brands, endless information, and more. I am an ambassador for Kindrunner and all opinions are my own.
What is one item you have on your running wish list?