Posts tagged Foodie Pen Pals
The end of the month it’s reveal day for Foodie Pen Pals! As a reminder, Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean runs this fabulous program and does a great job of it. You don’t have to have a blog to participate. If you do have a blog, you get to write a post about all the wonderful goodies you receive.
This month, I received a package from Alison. Ironically, I had sent her a package back in November… Kind of neat to get a package from someone I previously sent to. Now on the the good stuff!
As you can see from Alison’s note, she sent me local products, so they came from Northern Wisconsin / Milwaukee / Chicago. Such a neat mix of goodies! Strawberry jam from a local farmer’s market, coffee, chocolate and toffee, a dip mix, enchilada sauce, and popcorn!
The Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt is AMAZING. I love chocolate with salty foods so this was the perfect mix of flavors. And did you happen to notice that the strawberry jam is a Wisconsin State Fair winner? Pretty cool!
Thank you so much, Alison, for the great package. I love trying foods from other areas. So fun!
If you’d like to join in the fun, be sure to go HERE to sign-up for February. You must sign-up by 9pm February 4th to be included in this month’s. if you sign-up after, you’ll be included in the next month’s. It’s so much fun, I hope you’ll join in!
What favorite local food of yours would you share if you participated in #foodiepenpals?
It’s that time again – reveal day for Foodie Pen Pals! This was my third month participating, I’m really enjoying it! As a reminder, Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean runs this fabulous program and does a great job of it. You don’t have to have a blog to participate. If you do have a blog, you get to write a post about all the wonderful goodies you receive.
My package came from Stacy at Wanderlust Hearts. It is so exciting receiving a package in the mail that is full of goodies that you’ve probably never had before. And even more exciting, I love receiving mail that doesn’t have a due date!
I am not sure where the shadows came from on these pictures….
Isn’t this a fabulous card? I loved it when I saw it, then loved it even more when I saw Stacy’s note that it was a photo she had taken herself. Love it!
Now on to the goodies!! This box had a “sweet” theme to it. I love sweets. And I love trying new sweets that I have not tried!
First on the list is Love Crunch Carrot Cake Granola. Admittedly, I am not a fan of carrot cake but it is really yummy! For some reason, the flavors remind me of hot roasted cinnamon almonds that you would buy at a theme park. This will definitely make a great snack.
Next up was Stacy’s homemade chocolate olive oil biscotti. I love receiving homemade treats and there were definitely a treat. Just the right amount of sweet and nice and crunchy.
Do you follow a gluten-free or dairy-free diet? These cookies are just that and they are YUMMY. Oatmeal cookies are one of my favorite and I really enjoy these.
Last in my sweet box, is a Double Dark Chocolate cupcake mix. Chocolate is definitely a weakness of mine so I am super excited to try this. I have not yet had a chance to make these with all the sweets we’ve had around here since Thanksgiving, but this cute little container will sit on my counter as a reminder to make sooner than later.
Thank you, Stacy, for my sweets package. I love it!
If you’d like to join in the fun, be sure to go HERE to sign-up for the next round, which will be in January. Lindsay is asking everyone to donate the money you would have spent on a FPP box to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. She will have more details on her blog, so please be sure to read all about it if you are interested in helping. I think it is a fantastic idea and I will definitely participate.
I love reading posts about foods that bloggers love. It’s so easy to get trapped in my own kitchen and the same things I always seem to eat, so it’s fun to be introduced to new foods, or even reminded of a food I have forgotten about. This is one of the reasons I really enjoy Foodie Pen Pals. So today, I thought I’d share five foods that I love right now!
Red seedless grapes and pretzels – this makes such a yummy snack. I love the salty pretzels with the sweet grapes. A handful of each, and I’m set!
This Fig Walks Into A Bar Cereal Bar – these are from Trader Joe’s and were sent to me in my last Foodie Pen Pals box. If you like Fig Newtons, you will LOVE these. Super moist and delicious. I will have to buy another box of these pronto.
Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter – this yummy goodness in a jar doesn’t stand a chance in my house. I have always loved apple butter and this far exceeds the wonderful flavor of apple butter. It has just the right amount of spice in it. It’s so fall….
Pita Pall Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus – this has a nice little bite to it, so a little goes along way. It’s really good with pita chips or on a wrap.
Broccoli Slaw – there are so many things you can do with this including adding it to salad and on a wrap. I have a great WW recipe for a wrap that I enjoy for lunch. It’s on my menu for today and it’s such an easy go-to for lunch, I’ll be sure to share the recipe.
What five foods would be on your list?
For several months, I’ve seen posts pop on on Twitter and blogs I follow about Foodie Pen Pals, sharing pictures of boxes of fun foods and goodies from other people. Each month I meant to sign-up and forgot or decided to late. I finally got in on the fun this last month!
Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean started Foodie Pen Pals back in September 2011 and has over 1300 participants! She pairs up people, you send a box to someone, and someone else send a box to you. You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, but if you are, you get to blog about the goodies you receive.
I got to send a box to Ali in Connecticut. She doesn’t have a blog, but I know she received my box. I sent her Columbia Restaurant Sangria mix, recipe for pumpkin fluff, can of pure pumpkin, pudding mix, smoothie mix, Frank’s Hot Sauce, and Parkesdale Strawberry Preserves, all packaged carefully in this box….
I was SO excited to receive my box in the mail. I received mine from Olga at You+Me=Fit. I had no idea what I was going to receive for my first time… Turns out it was Olga’s first month participating as well!
I could not wait to open the box….
It was full of goodies!
I love the note she included, explaining what each item was and if she had tried them before or not.
What Olga sent:
- Annie’s Green Goddess Salad Dressing – Olga noted that it is her absolute favorite salad dressing ever. I had never tried it before. Oh. My. Gosh. Olga was right. It is so good, I had it on tomato with lots of pepper. So simple yet so delicious.
- Avocado Oil Potato Chips – I am currently obsessed with avocados, I eat one almost every day. Fresh avocado, when ripe, is so yummy. I have heard of avocado oil, but have never tried it. The chips were really good. I like them because they were not too greasy and were nice and crunch. I need to find out where to buy these…
- Larabar Lemon Bar – first time trying one of these, and it was good!
- Orange Spice Cinnamon Tea – I have not yet tried this yet, but I am sure I will love it.
- Edamame w/ Goji Berries – I have never had edamame, but I know a lot of people like it. I’m going to have these on a salad this week!
- Ginger Apple Spice Candies – These may have been my favorite thing in the box. They are chewy and I love the apple spice flavor. At only 20 calories each, I definitely need to find these to keep on hand. One of them does the trick as they take a few minutes to chew. Perfect for just after a meal when you want a little something sweet. And as Olga pointed out, the ginger in them is great for indigestion and immunity.
- Protein Poppers – These were homemade by Olga, her “own little creations for a quick burst of energy or to curb hunger”. They are made with oats, chocolate chips, peanut butter, ground flax seed, and raw honey. They were so yummy! Hubby had one too and he loved it. I’ll need to make these.
- DrinkChia – Chia seeds seems to be very popular right now, I see a lot of recipes using them. This drink was Mango Tangerine flavor, both flavors that I love. However, I didn’t like the seeds in it. I think I would like them better blended into a smoothie or maybe mixed in a salad.
Thank you so much, Olga, for the wonderful goodies! I had so much fun participating in this, trying new foods that I may not buy. And now I have some new foods and treats that I like and will definitely continue to enjoy.
If you’d like to join in the fun, be sure to go HERE to sign-up for October. You must sign-up by 9pm October 4th to be included in this month’s. if you sign-up after, you’ll be included in the next month’s. It’s so much fun, I hope you’ll join in!
Have you ever received a new food from someone that you would never had tried on your own?