Oh, how I love McDonald’s and I have no shame in saying so. Since I was a little kid when I used to ask my mom to stop at every McDonald’s we passed, I have loved it. Hamburgers, french fries, quarter pounders, and more…. The love of those foods have stayed with me as an adult and I enjoy the treat of my favorites at least once a week. And now, with some recent changes to to their menu, I don’t have to feel guilty about it!
Here are some of the changes that McDonalds is making:
- removing artificial preservatives from Chicken McNuggets and several of it’s breakfast items including eggs.
- new hamburger buns that don’t contain high-fructose corn syrup
- making a commitment to not use chicken treated with antibiotics important to human medicine
- committing to 100% cage-free eggs by 2025
- using fresh romaine, baby spinach, and kale in their salads
- using 100% real butter in their Egg McMuffin
There is no reason to feel guilty when you have a busy day and make a stop at the drive-thru on the way home. With the right choices, these changes can help you stay on track.
To celebrate these changes, I have a handful of Be Our Guest coupons to use at Tampa Bay McDonald’s locations for FREE menu items! Comment below with your favorite menu item OR the change you are happiest about for a chance to win. I will pick TWO winners!