For several months, I’ve seen posts pop on on Twitter and blogs I follow about Foodie Pen Pals, sharing pictures of boxes of fun foods and goodies from other people. Each month I meant to sign-up and forgot or decided to late. I finally got in on the fun this last month!
Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean started Foodie Pen Pals back in September 2011 and has over 1300 participants! She pairs up people, you send a box to someone, and someone else send a box to you. You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, but if you are, you get to blog about the goodies you receive.
I got to send a box to Ali in Connecticut. She doesn’t have a blog, but I know she received my box. I sent her Columbia Restaurant Sangria mix, recipe for pumpkin fluff, can of pure pumpkin, pudding mix, smoothie mix, Frank’s Hot Sauce, and Parkesdale Strawberry Preserves, all packaged carefully in this box….
I was SO excited to receive my box in the mail. I received mine from Olga at You+Me=Fit. I had no idea what I was going to receive for my first time… Turns out it was Olga’s first month participating as well!
I could not wait to open the box….
It was full of goodies!
I love the note she included, explaining what each item was and if she had tried them before or not.
What Olga sent:
- Annie’s Green Goddess Salad Dressing – Olga noted that it is her absolute favorite salad dressing ever. I had never tried it before. Oh. My. Gosh. Olga was right. It is so good, I had it on tomato with lots of pepper. So simple yet so delicious.
- Avocado Oil Potato Chips – I am currently obsessed with avocados, I eat one almost every day. Fresh avocado, when ripe, is so yummy. I have heard of avocado oil, but have never tried it. The chips were really good. I like them because they were not too greasy and were nice and crunch. I need to find out where to buy these…
- Larabar Lemon Bar – first time trying one of these, and it was good!
- Orange Spice Cinnamon Tea – I have not yet tried this yet, but I am sure I will love it.
- Edamame w/ Goji Berries – I have never had edamame, but I know a lot of people like it. I’m going to have these on a salad this week!
- Ginger Apple Spice Candies – These may have been my favorite thing in the box. They are chewy and I love the apple spice flavor. At only 20 calories each, I definitely need to find these to keep on hand. One of them does the trick as they take a few minutes to chew. Perfect for just after a meal when you want a little something sweet. And as Olga pointed out, the ginger in them is great for indigestion and immunity.
- Protein Poppers – These were homemade by Olga, her “own little creations for a quick burst of energy or to curb hunger”. They are made with oats, chocolate chips, peanut butter, ground flax seed, and raw honey. They were so yummy! Hubby had one too and he loved it. I’ll need to make these.
- DrinkChia – Chia seeds seems to be very popular right now, I see a lot of recipes using them. This drink was Mango Tangerine flavor, both flavors that I love. However, I didn’t like the seeds in it. I think I would like them better blended into a smoothie or maybe mixed in a salad.
Thank you so much, Olga, for the wonderful goodies! I had so much fun participating in this, trying new foods that I may not buy. And now I have some new foods and treats that I like and will definitely continue to enjoy.
If you’d like to join in the fun, be sure to go HERE to sign-up for October. You must sign-up by 9pm October 4th to be included in this month’s. if you sign-up after, you’ll be included in the next month’s. It’s so much fun, I hope you’ll join in!
Have you ever received a new food from someone that you would never had tried on your own?