Last Saturday, I had the honor of taking part in the Live Life Active Celebration at my WW meeting center in Largo. About a month ago, one of the wonderful receptionist’s, Marilyn, asked me if I would speak, she thought all the running I was doing was very inspirational. Of course I said YES!
Speaking in front of groups is not my thing and I was really nervous about it. As it got closer, I kept thinking about what I wanted to say, but I didn’t want it to sound too rehearsed. So ultimately, I decided to just wing it. I figured once I started talking, it would all just fall into place. And it did!
My sister-in-law Jenna came to the event and took pictures and video for me. The video is just a snippit of my talk and with a little personalization by me, you can hear what I had to say!
The first picture of of Marilyn and I – she’s such a doll! The rest speak for themselves….
I also got to see Linda, a WW member I met in 2011 at the Thursday morning meetings. We had not seen each other in quite awhile and it was so nice to see and visit with her. She is currently doing WW Online and is down 20 pounds as well!
It was such a nice afternoon and I’m so glad I did it. If I can inspire just one person, it is a great feeling, and it keeps me going on this journey. I have come to realize that it’s when you step outside of your comfort zone is when amazing things happen. I’ve done a lot of that this year and I need to continue to remember that.
Do you enjoy public speaking? What is one thing you’ve done recently that took you outside of your comfort zone?
Two years ago if you had asked me what I was doing for National Running Day, I would have assumed you were joking or asked you if there really is such a thing. Of course there is!! And now, I would answer by saying, I’m running, of course!
The reasons I run are really endless. I never thought I’d be that person that is ready to head out the door in the morning before the sun is even up to get a couple miles in. I have also met some wonderful people, both in real life and through blogs, because of running. I am thankful to be able to run.
I run for stress relief. I run to get in shape. I run to feel better. I run because I love food. I run for beer. I run because it’s cheaper than therapy. I run because I can. I run because it makes me feel strong. I run because it makes me proud.
I was going to run this afternoon, but the rain chances are very high. So, I already went for my run this morning. It was hot and humid but it felt great. 2 miles before my day starts.
Are you running today? If you are, be sure to visit runningday.org to claim your badge, find a meet-up near you, and to share your love of running.
Tell me… Why do you run?
Last week, I shared with you a new website for runners, one where you can not only research and buy running hear, but also earn rewards towards your purchase by sending in your used running shoes.
Well!! The site is now up and running. And I urge you to check it out… It very user friendly, full of information for the individual who may not know what they need, and more. SO much more!
Here are several good reasons why you should check out Kindrunner.com…
- Confident Runner Pricing – An option presented upon checkout which rewards those who know exactly what they are looking for. This option waives the Free Return Shipping but offers the shoe at a below retail price. Shipping of product to customer is still free, as is the return shipping of donated shoes for Kindness Cash Rewards Program.
- Free 3 Way Shipping – Free shipping of your order to you, free shipping of any returns for any reason, free shipping of your donated shoes back to Kindrunner for re-purposing with Soles 4 Souls or The More Foundation Group.
- Kindness Cash Rewards Program – This is what turns your old shoes into credit towards new ones or any product on the Kindrunner website. KCR are available to the customer after any footwear purchase (the idea behind this is to replace your old shoes with new ones, and keep the old ones out of the garbage, landfills, or ones closet… thus why it is available after footwear purchase). Upon receipt of their footwear order, customers have the option to place their old shoes into the KindRunner shipping box and place the pre-paid return label on the box for shipment back. Upon receipt of the label, they will scan the bar code and place the KCR into the customers account for future use. Each return label (whether it contain one pair or 4 pairs of shoes) is worth $10 KCR per new shoes purchased (5 pairs purchased on that order, you can earn up to $50 KCR) or credits towards future purchase. The KCR can be used to purchase ANYTHING that kindrunner sells and will never expire.
- Expert Product Reviews – Visit their YouTube page…. Each and every product they carry will come with an expert product review video on the same page that the product is listed on. These videos are done by individuals who have worked in the running industry for a number of years either as shoe reps, store owners, or expert shoe fitters at one of the oldest running stores in the nation.
- Easy 365 returns – A customer has 365 days to return any product, so long as it is in its original packaging and in its original condition. If you are injured and unable to use the shoe, if your doctor wants you in a different model because of orthotics, no worries… no questions asked!
- “Free Socks for Life” to their first 500 customers! Each time one of the first 500 customers returns and purchases a new shoe their order will ship with a free pair of socks of their choice. As long as this customer continues to run, they will continue to get socks from kindrunner.com!
I hope you’ll take a minute to check out this great new site for any of your running gear needs. They have all the top brands, endless information, and more. I am an ambassador for Kindrunner and all opinions are my own.
What is one item you have on your running wish list?