Running has played such a huge part in my life the last few years. And while I have not been running as much lately, it still holds a very special place in my heart.
Today is National Running Day, held annually on the first Wednesday in June, it is a day when runners everywhere declare their passion for running. If you go to the website, you can design your own bib to share on social media or wear on a run. Here’s mine…
In honor of National Running Day 2015, I wanted to share with you my top 10 reasons why I love Best Damn Race, who I am lucky to be an Ambassador for for the third year in a row!
1. The people. It really is a race for runners, by runners. The time and dedication put into this event is what makes it so great.
2. The courses. With events in Safety Harbor, Orlando, Jacksonville, and Cape Coral, there really is something for everyone. Safety Harbor, being practically in my backyard is my favorite because it’s along the water and there is sure to be a beautiful sunrise. Orlando is a very close second as the course starts next to Lake Eola and goes through neighborhoods with cobblestone streets.
3. There is a race distance for everyone. You can run a 5K, 10K, the 5K/10K challenge, a half marathon, and if you’re in Cape Coral, a full marathon. I’e done the 5K and half marathons in years past. For 2016 in Safety Harbor, I am excited to run my first 5K/10K challenge and the chance to earn 3 medals!
4. Awesome bling! I love the design of the medals. They vary per city and are a reflection of each area. It would be hard to pick a favorite, but last year’s Cape Coral medal would be high at the top of the list.
5. The registration process. One thing that Best Damn Race does that is different from many other events is the pricing structure that offers a chance at $1 entries if you are one of the first in line. Even if you don’t score the $1 entry, you can still save money. The current price structure is available on Best Damn Race for each city.
6. Free food, beer, and massage. Crossing the finish line has an added bonus of enjoying an ice cold beer, food, and massage. That’s a pretty sweet deal!
7. Free race photos. This perk is HUGE. I’ve run a lot of races and rarely do I buy photos because they are so expensive. But, Best Damn Race works hard to be able to provide free photos for runners to celebrate a fun event. (**BDR is currently working with each event location to provide free photos).
8. The race shirts. I love adding to my race shirt collection and for two years running, my Best Damn Race half marathon shirt is my favorite. It’s a long sleeve shirt and is perfect for cooler runs in the winter. All shirts are tech t-shirts and fit great.
9. The weather. Best Damn Race knows when to put on a race. I love running in the cooler weather and we luck out with that for the four events.
10. The FUN! It truly is a fun event. Whether it’s your 1st race or your 50th, it is a great time with great people. It is also walker-friendly. You can walk or run these events – everyone gets the same medal when they cross the finish line.
Registration is currently open for all 4 upcoming events. Here are the links to each city.
- Cape Coral – Dec. 13, 2015….. Register Here
- Jacksonville – Jan. 16. 2016…. Register Here
- Safety Harbor – Feb. 6, 2016…. Register Here
- Orlando – March 5, 2016…. Register Here
Be sure to use my discount code when you register and save $5 off ANY race in ANY city!
Happy National Running Day! How will you celebrate?