When it seems like everything is going wrong, or there is too much stress, it is easy to fall victim to negative thinking. I hate negative thinking and I try my best to not do it because you can always find something to be positive about. Today seems like a good day to share what I am currently thankful for…
- I am always thankful for my hubby. We both work so hard and sometimes our real time together is few and far between. Last week our quick getaway was perfect timing and very much needed. We need to find a way to do that more often.
- I am thankful for the ability to run. I need to run and every time I get out there, I am so happy to be able to. It’s been almost a year since my sciatica and those 6 weeks or so that I could hardly move, let alone run, were absolutely miserable. You know that saying…. One day I won’t be able to run. Today is not that day. One of the many reasons I run…. Because I can.
- I am thankful for the confidence I have found this year. I am naturally shy and this blog has really helped me come out my shell and not question my abilities as much as I have in the past. I have met some pretty fabulous people and I’ve done things that take me out of my comfort zone, like speaking at the WW Live Life Active event.
- I am thankful for coffee. It seems trivial, but I am being serious. Coffee is a wonderful thing and in my world, it’s absolutely necessary. No coffee, no workee.
- I am thankful for my strengths. I know that I am a strong-willed woman and I have goals and I am determined. My husband says I am stubborn, and maybe I am. But I am not afraid to stand up for what I believe, fight for what I want, and bust my butt to reach my goals.
What are you thankful for today?
What I am thankful for today…
My hubby…. I am such a lucky girl to have him in my world. He loves and adores me and stands beside me as we make our way through this world, no matter how hard or easy it may seem at any given time. I don’t know how I got so lucky to find him but I would be absolutely lost without him.
A roof over our head…. This month marks 9 years in our home and there are times it still feels like we just moved in. It’s not the perfect house and we have a list a mile long of things we want to do, and realistically may never get to do, but it’s our home. When we’re home at night, curled up on our comfy couch watching TV, with Blue and Ozzie snuggling with us, there’s no place I’d rather be.
Family… I have an amazing support system in all that I do and I am fortunate to have family behind me. You know who you are and I love you all.
My health…. Sure, I have a love/hate relationship with my body and I have aches and pains that sometimes seem too much to bear, but I am so very lucky to be healthy. (***knock on wood***)
My friends…. Old friends, new friends, and in between – you all bring something special to my life.
My mommy…. I’m 40 years old and yes, I still call her Mommy. Somehow she endures working with me and seeing me 5 out of 7 days a week, sometimes even more. She is one of my biggest supporters. She is more than my mom, she is my friend.
My mom’s health…. After quite the scare earlier this year, my mom is thankfully cancer-free after surgery.
38 years worth of memories of my dad…. I am so blessed that nothing was left unsaid and he knew how much I loved (love) him. All the memories over the years have more meaning now since his passing and there are days when I remember something that I had put away in the way-back of my memory bank. It’s amazing how memories can come rushing back. I am so thankful to have those memories that are all mine.
My two crazy dogs…. Yes, there are days that Blue and Ozzie test every bit of patience I have and I swear they will be the death of me, but I love them and can’t imagine not having them here to drive me nuts. I love snuggling with them and taking them for rides and showing them off to everyone who thinks they are the coolest dogs ever. They are our babies.
Sunsets, beaches, and the beautiful area we live in…. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the day-to-day stuff but all it takes is a walk or run at the park or beach, or a drive along the gulf, or an evening out for a sunset and I am quickly reminded how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful state.
What are you thankful for today?