Another wrap-up post to end the year… When I joined in the first Goalgetter2013 post in January, I hoped to keep it up all year. And I did! I set different goals each month. Some I met, some I did not. But what I learned most from all of it, is that setting short-term goals is the best way to tackle them. it’s much easier to look at things for one month than to tackle something for a whole year. That’s actually one of the things we talk about at Weight Watchers – be specific when setting goals. Set a specific goal, for a specific amount of time. It really does make sense.
So, how did I do in December? As a reminder, here is the goal I set for this month….
I did not hit 145 pounds. The lowest I’ve gotten down to is 148 two Saturdays ago, and then I had a gain this past Saturday. I am, however, still in the 140’s.
But, I am not upset about this. Like I mentioned in my weigh-on post on Saturday, it’s really hard to be upset about a gain after buying skinny jeans the day before. And that’s the truth. I have come so far this year, I’ve worked HARD to lose weight, and I feel the rewards of it every day. It’s not just about how I look in the mirror or the clothes I wear, but it’s all physically how I feel. Gone are the days of being so uncomfortable and feeling so blah. No more. I will continue to work towards my goal!
Going into 2014, I will continue to set small goals. It works for me. There is so much I want to accomplish in the new year, to keep pushing forward towards my weight loss and fitness goals.
A look back at my goals for the year… It’s been fun!
And here are all of my Goalgetter2013 posts for the year…
- Goalgetter2013 – January
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in January?
- Goalgetter2013 – February
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in February?
- Goalgetter2013 – March
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in March?
- Goalgetter2013 – April
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in April?
- Goalgetter2013 – May
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in May?
- Goalgetter2013 – June
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in June?
- Goalgetter2013 – July
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in July?
- Goalgetter2013 – August
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in August?
- Goalgetter2013 – September
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in September?
- Goalgetter2013 – October
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in October?
- Goalgetter2013 – November
- Goalgetter2013 – How did I do in November?
- Goalgetter2013 – December
I want to thank these gals who put this challenge together… It’s been fun participating!
- Mom Running On Empty
- Back At Square Zero
- Noshing On Asphalt
- Katrine Elle (previously Sneakers and Fingerpaints)
- Mindy’s Fitness Journey
- Run With Kate
- Road Runner Girl
- Rebecca Roams
Did you participate in Goalgetter2013? What did you enjoy most?