Two years ago if you had asked me what I was doing for National Running Day, I would have assumed you were joking or asked you if there really is such a thing. Of course there is!! And now, I would answer by saying, I’m running, of course!
The reasons I run are really endless. I never thought I’d be that person that is ready to head out the door in the morning before the sun is even up to get a couple miles in. I have also met some wonderful people, both in real life and through blogs, because of running. I am thankful to be able to run.
I run for stress relief. I run to get in shape. I run to feel better. I run because I love food. I run for beer. I run because it’s cheaper than therapy. I run because I can. I run because it makes me feel strong. I run because it makes me proud.
I was going to run this afternoon, but the rain chances are very high. So, I already went for my run this morning. It was hot and humid but it felt great. 2 miles before my day starts.
Are you running today? If you are, be sure to visit runningday.org to claim your badge, find a meet-up near you, and to share your love of running.
Tell me… Why do you run?
Last week, I shared with you a new website for runners, one where you can not only research and buy running hear, but also earn rewards towards your purchase by sending in your used running shoes.
Well!! The site is now up and running. And I urge you to check it out… It very user friendly, full of information for the individual who may not know what they need, and more. SO much more!
Here are several good reasons why you should check out Kindrunner.com…
- Confident Runner Pricing – An option presented upon checkout which rewards those who know exactly what they are looking for. This option waives the Free Return Shipping but offers the shoe at a below retail price. Shipping of product to customer is still free, as is the return shipping of donated shoes for Kindness Cash Rewards Program.
- Free 3 Way Shipping – Free shipping of your order to you, free shipping of any returns for any reason, free shipping of your donated shoes back to Kindrunner for re-purposing with Soles 4 Souls or The More Foundation Group.
- Kindness Cash Rewards Program – This is what turns your old shoes into credit towards new ones or any product on the Kindrunner website. KCR are available to the customer after any footwear purchase (the idea behind this is to replace your old shoes with new ones, and keep the old ones out of the garbage, landfills, or ones closet… thus why it is available after footwear purchase). Upon receipt of their footwear order, customers have the option to place their old shoes into the KindRunner shipping box and place the pre-paid return label on the box for shipment back. Upon receipt of the label, they will scan the bar code and place the KCR into the customers account for future use. Each return label (whether it contain one pair or 4 pairs of shoes) is worth $10 KCR per new shoes purchased (5 pairs purchased on that order, you can earn up to $50 KCR) or credits towards future purchase. The KCR can be used to purchase ANYTHING that kindrunner sells and will never expire.
- Expert Product Reviews – Visit their YouTube page…. Each and every product they carry will come with an expert product review video on the same page that the product is listed on. These videos are done by individuals who have worked in the running industry for a number of years either as shoe reps, store owners, or expert shoe fitters at one of the oldest running stores in the nation.
- Easy 365 returns – A customer has 365 days to return any product, so long as it is in its original packaging and in its original condition. If you are injured and unable to use the shoe, if your doctor wants you in a different model because of orthotics, no worries… no questions asked!
- “Free Socks for Life” to their first 500 customers! Each time one of the first 500 customers returns and purchases a new shoe their order will ship with a free pair of socks of their choice. As long as this customer continues to run, they will continue to get socks from kindrunner.com!
I hope you’ll take a minute to check out this great new site for any of your running gear needs. They have all the top brands, endless information, and more. I am an ambassador for Kindrunner and all opinions are my own.
What is one item you have on your running wish list?
May was AWESOME! The goal I set for myself may have been the most optimistic of my goals to date. As a reminder, here is my May goal that I was working towards…
And of course if you follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or my blog, than you know I completed this goal, running every single day of the month. EVERY SINGLE DAY for a total of 56.66 miles. Needless to say, I was very happy and proud of myself each day that I got out there and after my last run when it was all done.
If you’d like to read my follow up posts from each week of the month, you can find them here…..
Would you like to take part in the #goalgetter2013 challenge? It’s pretty simple….
Goals are most successful when broken up into smaller goals! Post a picture on Instagram on the last day of each month to show how you are working toward achieving your goals! Use the hashtag #goalgetter2013.
If you’d like to take part in this challenge and have another way to keep yourself accountable this year, you should definitely join in! Visit the #goalgetter2013 Facebook page today!
For more inspiration, visit these blogs… These are the gals who put this challenge together:
- Mom Running On Empty
- Back At Square Zero
- Noshing On Asphalt
- Sneakers and Fingerpaints
- Mindy’s Fitness Journey
- Run With Kate
- Road Runner Girl
- Rebecca Roams
How did you do on your May goals? Share with me one goal you accomplished!
I DID IT! I ran every single day in the month of May. Only 4 of those runs were on the treadmill, the rest were outside. The last week and a half have been insanely hot and humid, even my morning runs have left me a hot and sweaty mess. Today was no different. This is the face of someone who is very proud to have completed this challenge.
I ran every single one of these miles with no walk breaks, and many without music. Some days were harder than others, but I pushed through it. I was also smart about it so I could avoid injury.
It has been 31 days of stress relief, contemplation, confidence building, and hard work. I took this challenge on not sure if I could run every single day, but I made it a priority.
With the start of a new month and the challenge over, the big question is…. Will I run tomorrow? You better believe I will!
Did you complete a challenge for the month of May? Share!
One thing I’ve learned in the past year of running is how kind and gracious the running community is. Many of the local bloggers I have met who are also runners are wonderful, as are many of the runners I have come to know through social media for the simple fact that we have running in common.
Recently, I was contacted about a new website that will be launched on June 1st that is yet another reminder of how kind runners are… And it is called Kindrunner.com ~ where it pays to be kind. Are you intrigued? I know I was!
Kindrunner is the only place on the web where runners can trade in their old running shoes for NEW shoes. Runners receive ‘Kindness Cash Rewards’ for every shoe they send in. In turn, Kindrunner gives those old shoes to their shoe donation partners, including Soles 4 Souls and the More Foundation, to benefit people in need. Their goal is to take shoes that would normally go into landfills or in someone’s closet and re-purpose them, give them to someone who would greatly value them.
Anyone who runs has a pair of old running shoes that are just sitting in their closet, collecting dust. I would much rather donate those shoes to Kindrunner, knowing they’ll be put to good use by someone who needs them. I don’t know about you, but I love the thought of helping someone else out. Run. Repurpose. Repeat.
In addition to this amazing program, they also have a virtual running shop on the site that includes staff product reviews. You can research and learn about different running shoes from the comfort of your own home. Here is their review of the Brooks Glycerin 10, which is my favorite running shoe.
Kindrunner.com will offer only the best performing and highest rated products to their customers. Their goal is to bring running specialty focus to the web, and offer expert shoe fit and product guidance online. They will focus on top-notch customer service, expert product reviews, an engaging and informative platform, AND making an effort to change the world for the better by repurposing footwear rather than allowing it to find its way into the trash.
The website will launch on June 1st, however be sure to visit the website TODAY and enter to win a pair of running shoes for you and the running partner of your choice.
I am very happy to be an ambassador for Kindrunner.com and I can’t wait to send in those running shoes that are taking up space in my closet!
Be sure to follow Kindrunner.com here….
Leave me a comment once you visit their website and please share with your runner friends! And remember… #beakindrunner