Back in March, I started drinking green tea almost daily as part of a 3-Day Shakeology cleanse. While I cannot drink hot tea because it upsets my stomach, I love ice tea. I would make a double batch of green tea to take with me during the day and enjoy it over ice. I really enjoyed the flavor of it and I now have it quite often.
There are many benefits to green tea. A few of them are:
I was then given the chance to try and review Matcha Green Tea, a culinary grade green tea powder. I am always looking for easy ways to add HEALTHY nutrients and such to my meals and I thought this would be a great way to do it. Especially, in the form of a smoothie.
When I first read about this product online, this information really caught my eye.
- ALL DAY ENERGY & FOCUS: Lift your vitality and concentration with the slow release natural energy from Organic Matcha
- CALORIE BURNING BOOSTER: Support your weight loss goals with an all-natural way to increase your body’s metabolism
- LATTES | SMOOTHIES | BAKING: Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder arrives in an easy-to-use airtight health grade packaging allowing for as much or as little use as you need for any occasion. Enjoy a relaxing latte in the morning, bake a dozen cupcakes or simply add a small boost to your morning smoothie
- 137x ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA: USDA Organic Matcha Green Tea can only be used in a powdered form because, unlike brewed green tea, it contains the entire tea leaf which dramatically increases the nutritional content.
- FREE MATCHA RECIPE GUIDE EBOOK WITH PURCHASE: 50+ Recipes All Yours – Emailed After Purchase.
Unlike regular tea in the form of loose tea leaves, this is a very fine powder. This makes it very easy to mix it into smoothie, baked goods, and more. The first thing I did, of course, was add it to my Vanilla Shakeology. The recommended daily dose is 1/2 – 1 teaspoon.
The green tea flavor is perfect with the vanilla. It’s not a strong flavor and I think you could easily add it to any smoothie flavor with other ingredients and have the added benefits of green tea.
I also added it to my favorite cake-in-a-cup dessert. It gave a nice hint of green tea to the devils’ food cake and angel food cake mix which I just mix with water. Much like drinking Shakeology, it seems almost sinful to eat something that tastes so good that you know is good for you!
I did try to mix it with just water and the consistency was a little off. I enjoy it much more when it’s added into something with more consistency, such as a smoothie with almond or soy milk. If you eat yogurt, you could even mix it in and get your serving in that way. There are many ways to enjoy it.
When you order Kiss Me Organics Organic Matcha on Amazon, they also email you a recipe book. Drinks, smoothies, breakfasts, sweet treats, sides, rubs, and more…. It is full of recipes and ideas.
Kiss Me Organics Organic Matcha is available on Amazon here…. If you’ve tried it before, I’d love to hear your favorite way to enjoy it! If you plan on ordering a bag to try, let me know!
**Kiss Me Organics sent me a bag of Organic Matcha to try and review, all opinions are my own.