I recently read a fun post on Breathe Deeply and Smile, a blog by a fellow runner and Sweat Pink Ambassador, Lauren. I thought this would be a fun post to do since I am all-things-running right now with marathon training in full swing.
Would You Rather? Runner’s Edition
1.Would you rather run a 5K or a marathon? I should probably wait until after November 30 to really answer this one. But since I am training for my first full, I’m going to say a marathon. I am excited about it and love the challenge of it. But a 5K might be my answer after I run those 26.2 miles…
2. Would you rather run a flat race in the heat or a hilly race in the cold? I live in Florida where it is currently as hot as the face of the sun. I run awful in the heat and humidity. I live for it to cool off. Last year we had many days in the 50’s which I thought were perfect for running. I run so much better in the cooler weather. So, I’m going to go with a hilly race in the cold. I’d rather have the hills over the heat.
3. Would you rather get new running shoes or a new running outfit? Tough one. I love new running shoes, but I really need a new pair of running shorts. They are just hard to find because I like the longer ones. I really want a running skirt but they all seem to have the short shorts underneath and that just doesn’t work for me.
4. Would you rather run a race without headphones or without a Garmin? Without headphones, all day long. I am used to running without music now. But if I ran without my Garmin, I would probably feel naked.
5. Would you rather run on the treadmill for an hour or in a circle around the same street for an hour? As much as I dislike running circles around the neighborhood, I despise the dreadmill. I would have to choose circles around the same street for an hour. At least I’d be outside with some sort of scenery.
6. Would you rather run a Ragnar Relay or a marathon relay? I would have to say a marathon relay because it would just be one day and presumably not overnight. Either way, I think the idea of running with a team would be fun.
7. Would you rather come in 4th in the Olympics or 1st in the New York City Marathon? I can’t imagine either of these, but I’d probably have to say 1st in the New York City Marathon.
8. Would you rather give up running for 1 year to get a BQ (Boston Marathon qualifying time) or never BQ but run as much as you want? Again, a BQ is not something that will ever happen for me so I would love to just run and run and run and never worry about a BQ.
9. Would you rather run in an urban area or on a trail? Probably an urban area.
10. Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch? Side stitch. I’ve had them before and they usually go away. My headaches tend to linger once I get them.
11. Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm? I prefer to not get struck by lightning so I’ll have to say a snowstorm. I can be like Rocky training in Russia in Rocky IV!
12. Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or a day off? I prefer rest days on work days. I love running on a day off, when I don’t have to rush my morning and don’t have to worry about work.
13. Would you rather run just because or train for a race? I actually like training for a race for the structure of it. Having a plan keeps me more active than just running whenever – it seems too easy to skip out on a run if I am not working towards a goal or a race.
Pick one question and share your answer with me!