Archive for March, 2012
- Finally getting out this morning for a much needed run. My legs felt great and I felt strong throughout.
- My mom recovering very well from her surgery just a week and a half ago.
- A weekend to do things around the house, even if it involves yucky stuff like cleaning the bathroom and more.
- Getting much accomplished this past week after working my butt off. The long days were worth it.
- Reading a new book that I REALLY enjoy, Starters by Lissa Price.
- The great weather we’ve been having. I dread the hot days that are quickly approaching, but we’ve had some great days here this past week with a nice breeze in the evenings.
- The fabulous pedicure I had last Saturday, which still looks great.
- Knowing there is a $50 gift card for Barnes & Noble headed my way. So many possibilities of what I can buy….
- Having lab work done and getting the results in AND being happy with all the results. My blood pressure is amazing, my cholesterol and good cholesterol are fabulous, triglycerides and glucose are awesome. Yay!
What makes you happy? Share!
1. I have not had Starbuck in 2 days. GO ME!
2. I never get tired of watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and I love that they have reruns on in the afternoon. Even as background noise it’s fabulous. My favorite character was Rachel and I wanted to be her, but of course I am much more like Monica.
3. The farthest I’ve been from home is traveling from Florida to California. Even when I’ve travelled out of the county, it hasn’t been as far as California.
4. My all-time favorite game is Scrabble. I’m quite certain it’s genetic on my mom’s side of the family as most of us love the game.
5. My favorite foods are Italian and Mexican. When I was little I loved Taco Bell so much, I wanted to work there when I grew up so I could have free Taco Bell.
6. I used to play tennis and even played in a few tournaments.
7. I have OCD. The more stressed I am, the more obvious my OCD is. Lord help me if I ever have to leave the house in a hurry because it automatically makes me check my front door 15 times to make sure it’s locked.
8. If I have to leave the house in a hurry and hubby is with me, I am not the least bit worried about him locking the door and don’t need to check it.
9. When I was little, I did not like to sleep. Oh, how that has changed. I love to sleep now.
10. If I had the time and money to do so, I would go back to school. I’m not even sure what I would go for, it would just be fun to go back.
I missed blogging yesterday but I just didn’t have it in me. I was so freaking tired when I got home after what was a very long and busy day. I made dinner, did some laundry, took care of the pups, and then I sat down to start a new book that I’ve been wanting to read. What am I reading, you ask? Starters by Lissa Price. It’s a YA Lit book, highly recommended by my sister-in-law. So, I have to read it! And while you’re at it, you should totally check out my SIL’s fabulous YA Llit review blog over at http://mtgreviews.wordpress.com/
I have decided to do another #7daychip. I have to quit my Starbucks habit. I. HAVE. TO. First of all, it’s expensive. Second of all, I think it is just that, a habit. I love it and I will miss it, but I have just gotten so used to having it morning after morning that I am used to the process of it. It has to stop. Today was day one of Operation No Starbucks. If I can go without it for 7 days, I can proudly claim my #7daychip acknowledgement. Not familiar with #7daychip? Check it out!! Go to http://www.bradgansberg.com/7daychip.html and read all about it!
I haven’t been to WW in 2 weeks now. I didn’t go this morning, I used the time to go and have some lab work done. Part of the lab work was to get on the scale. I am very happy to report that after 2 weeks of not going to WW, my weight this morning, on a different scale, was the exact same weight that it was the last time I weighed in. This is amazing to me. Some might look at it as two weeks behind on my weight loss, sitting in the same spot as before. I choose to look at it as two weeks of maintaining when there has been every reason (and then some) for me to gain. So go me! I am also happy to report that I have AMAZING blood pressure. It was 99/53. I always expect it to be higher given my stress levels. The lab tech was quite impressed.
Tomorrow is Friday again – YES!! This weekend I have got to do some major housecleaning. Seriously. We live in a pig sty. I also have to get my butt back out and running. Sooooo, here are my goals for this weekend:
- Run this weekend – would love to get out both days for at least 3 miles
- Major housecleaning – bedroom, bathroom, and living room are priority
- Read, read, read, and then read some more
- Stock up on fruits and veggies for the week
- And the biggest goal of all will be to NOT have Starbucks over the weekend. This will be a huge challenge, we’ll have to see if I am up for it.
It’s True Confessions Tuesday AGAIN. Ugh. Here goes, this one will be a doozy.
- I CONFESS that I skipped last week’s True Confessions Tuesday but it wasn’t totally intentional. Last week was Crazy, with a capital C.
- I CONFESS that I did not go to WW last Thursday to weigh-in. It was the day after my mom’s surgery and I was at the hospital with her that morning. If I’m being honest, I will also add that I know I would have absolutely had a gain had I gone. Craziness (again with the capital C), a huge homemade family meal that Monday night, a day of eating whatever while my mom was in surgery and getting settled in the hospital for an overnight stay, etc…. I could go on and on, and on some more.
- I CONFESS that if my Aunt Darlene had not been here with us last week, I’m not sure how I would have handled everything on my plate. Just knowing my mom had Darlene to care for her and keep her company allowed me to do what I need to do for our business, among everything else. I am very thankful for my Aunt Darlene.
- I CONFESS I have not run in over a week now. Not to sound like a broken record, but Crazy with a capital C is my excuse on that too. How was I supposed to fit one in? When Friday evening rolled around, I was exhausted. I momentarily thought about squeezing in a run on Saturday morning before my other plans for the day, but I was just worn out, beat down, and too tired to do it. I was afraid that if I ran when I was that wiped out, I would have hurt myself or would have had the worst run ever. Nothing pisses me off more than being set up to fail, whether I do it to myself or it’s done by others. So, I opted for a total random moment of weakness and used that hour of time to have a pedicure. I do not feel guilty about that at all. My tootsies were in desparate need.
- I CONFESS that when I went to the movies with my SIL Jenna on Sunday morning, I had popcorn with butter AND Nestle Bunch A Crunch. It’s my movie-going weakness. I have to have it. Thankfully I don’t go to the movies often so I can justify it as an every-once-in-awhile splurge.
- I CONFESS that sometimes we are faced with incredibly hard decisions that honestly seem like too much.
- I CONFESS that I enjoyed both beer and wine last week. The wine came from Trader Joe’s in California. YUM. The beer, well, it came from Publix up the street, but I really do enjoy ice cold beer.
- I CONFESS that knowing I wasn’t going to go weigh-in at WW last Thursday gave me too much wiggle room. In my mind I thought, I know I’m not going, so I can have this or that. Be very glad you don’t live in my world, it’s not a nice place to be.
- I CONFESS that I if I had the ability to do so, I could literally sleep for a week. I am that tired.
- I CONFESS that my house is a mess and I would probably need a full week to get it clean. There is major dusting to be done, carpets to clean, bathrooms to clean, kitchen floors to clean, and more.
- I CONFESS that I am less than thrilled about a doctor’s appointment I have tomorrow.
- I CONFESS that without my SIL Jenna’s help, my blog would not be headed towards the super cool look that I hope to have finished sooner than later. She was a big help on Sunday and has offered to help me some more. I will more than likely take her up on it.
Do you have any confessions for this Tuesday? Now’s the time to ‘fess up!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at my blog and also at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Current Favorites
- Song - Crawling Back To You by Daughtry
- Drink – What I drink the most of and the most often, water. And I like it best ice cold.
- Physical feature of the opposite sex (or the sex that you find attractive) – Eyes and lips.
- TV Show(s) – Big Bang Theory is definitely a current fave of mine. I also like Law & Order, Royal Pains, and F.R.I.E.N.D.S.. Yes, it’s been over for many years but I still watch and love reruns.
- Actor/Actress – Jennifer Aniston
- Book – I recently finished Home Front by Kristin Hannah and it was FANTASTIC. Will probably read it again sooner than later.
- Form of communication – Text is always the easiest. Everyone is so busy, it’s hard to catch people so text it is and people can reply when they are able to.
- Exercise – Running. Several months ago I would have said walking.
- Food – Tricky question. When I am being good, broiled tilapia with tomatoes and zucchini and always delicious. When I am having an I-don’t-care moment, I would pick Hooters wings or pizza. It is because of these I-don’t-care moment that I am here.
- Quote – “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” ~Marilyn Monroe