Archive for June, 2011
I am a bad blogger. I have not blogged in over a week. I have been busy and not feeling well, but I should have had time to blog. Looks like I have some catching up to do on this one.
- A week ago Friday, I had a gain at WW. I do not like the weeks that I gain. I know they are bound to happen, but I would be a happier girl if they did not.
- A week ago Saturday, I walked a 6-mile training walk with my fabulous sister-in-law Jenna. She is doing the Tampa Bay 3-Day For The Cure Walk this fall. You can find her blog here. While you are here, will you consider making a donation? She is so close to reaching the amount needed to walk.
- A week ago Sunday was Father’s Day, our first without my dad. We started the morning at the Bay Pines VA National Cemetery in St. Petersburg to place flowers and a balloon. I, of course, cried like a baby. This year of firsts is proving to be as hard as I expected. I cannot express in words how much I miss him. That same day we went out to dinner for my hubby’s birthday and Father’s Day. Hubby chose to go to one of my dad’s favorite restaurants and then to Crystal Beach for another beautiful sunset in honor of my dad. They just get more and more beautiful.
- This was a hard week for work. We had a big project to do and everything had to happen just right to get it done. Amazingly enough, it all worked out. Probably I stressed more than necessary but how do I know that my stress didn’t help get it done? I will never know.
- I started feeling sick on Wednesday (about a week and a half after my hubby and sister-in-law had been sick). I felt like I had been run over and I had a fever. I never have a fever. I was cold and exhausted. After going out to dinner with hubby for his birthday, I made myself comfy on the couch with a dose of Nyquil. I stayed home Thursday with a fever all day. Not fun.
- Despite knowing better, I worked most of Friday. I went in around 10:30 and got home at 4:30. I had to get things done so that I could enjoy my weekend and not stress over getting it all done on Monday. I was exhausted when I got home and was feeling run down again.
- I did not walk at all this week – not since last Sunday. I HATE that I have not walked and had I known on Monday and Tuesday that I would have been sick Wednesday, I would have made time to do it. I really wish my darn crystal ball would work.
- For the first time since going back to WW, I missed yesterday’s meeting to avoid getting people sick. I am sure the scale would not have been kind to me but I still missed the meeting, the support, and the chit chat. Next week!!
- Today was supposed to be our monthly crop but I cancelled it since I’ve been sick. I still think this bug is hanging on, so best to not get others sick, but I’m bummed to not have the girl time. I will do some digi-scrapping today on my own. My hubby did make my morning, though, by getting me Starbucks. The key to this girls’ heart is caffeine.
|Flowers and a balloon for Daddy…|
|So pretty and serene at Bay Pines VA National Cemetery|
|Another beautiful sunset at Crystal Beach|
That’s it in a nutshell. I am happy to have alot of downtime this weekend to sleep, read, watch movies, and more.
One of my blogging friends, teejay, does a Happiness Is post on her blog and I love it. We all struggle but by taking time to think about and focus on what is good, is good for us. So, here goes…
~ My hubby. We both work very hard and when we get home at the end of the day, we are not always in the best of moods but we are together. I wish we had more stress-free and worry-free time together, but I am thankful for him and love him very much.
~ My crazy dogs. I never thought we would have 2 dogs but I love every single crazy, frustrating, snuggly, lovable moment with them. Blue and Ozzie are my little boys and I love them.
~ My iPhone. I would be lost with out it. I am constantly using it. I love taking photos, using instagram, playing word games, checking and updating Facebook, and texting. It is an obsession.
~ Weekends. I live for the weekends. My favorite is Friday after lunch, knowing that I am hours away from the weekend, when I somehow manage to push work things aside and focus on my time. Saturday mornings are fabulous, they have so much potential for the day ahead.
~ Starbucks. Granted, I have had to limit it quite a bit lately, I still enjoy 1 or 2 a week. The process of going to Starbucks, the wonderful aroma of the coffee, and that first sip. It’s heaven in a cup, no matter what I order.
~ Scrapbooking. I *heart* scrapbooking, making the most of my precious memories, and having fun with my creative side. It is like therapy for me, I get lost in what I’m doing.
~ Visits from family. Two of my aunts are coming out next month from California and I cannot wait to see them. So much fun will be had, lots of Scrabble-playing, and laughter. It will be grand.
This morning, my mom and I walked the Memorial Causeway over to Clearwater Beach. The causeway starts in downtown Clearwater, with parking just below it (in the shade even!). We parked and off we went! We weren’t going fast, not trying to win a race or anything, just walking and enjoying the fact that we didn’t have to rush to be anywhere. Those are the best kinds of walks. I always feel like I am running against the clock – always have to be somewhere to do something. But not today. Today it was just us, the sunshine, the smell of the saltwater, and the ability to walk however far we wanted to.
We walked for 2 hrs. and 12 min, a total of 5.15 miles. It was HOT but the scenery, sunshine on my shoulders, and company made up for it.
Once we got over the causeway, we walked on the beach. The water was so pretty and the white sand inviting. It made me once again wonder WHY I don’t go to the beach anymore. When we first moved here in 1993, I was at the beach every weekend. I worked out at a gym on the top floor of a hotel and enjoyed the benefits of membership – use of the pool, their beach, and parking. I would be there all day and man was I tan. As time went on and the gym membership got to be expensive, I went less and less. I can’t tell you the last time I was at the beach, in a bathing suit, with a beach towel. Years, I’m sure.
I wish there was more time to do these things. It sure was pretty there today.
Thank you oodles to Faith for passing this fun award on to me.
1. When I was little, I wanted to be an architecht or a lawyer. I can’t draw to save my life but I can (and like to) argue so I probably should have pursued the lawyer gig.
2. I love cheesy Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.
3. I didn’t acquire a taste for wine until about two years ago and now I could drink it like there is no tomorrow, which I have to keep in check.
4. When I like something, really really like something, it quickly turns into an obsession – like my iPhone or Starbucks.
5. I wish life was easier. I don’t remember it being this hard before.
6. I cannot stand American cheese. I am offended by it in the worst way. Yuck.
7. I wish I was more confident about my writing abilities and could do something with it. Perhaps not everyone thinks I can write, but I think I can.
8. I am so thankful for my mommy and to have such a good relationship with her.
9. This October, hubby and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. 10 YEARS!!!
10. I love to eat, hence my need for Weight Watchers.
After a great walk / run last Saturday, I skipped Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Sunday got away from me without it happening and Monday and Tuesday were busy work days and I was beat by the time I got home. EXCUSES, I know. By the time yesterday evening got here, I told hubby I HAD to go and walk. It was a necessity. So off I went. And man it felt great.
I set my super cool Nike+ GPS app on my handy dandy iPhone for a 5k and off I went. I had finally loaded some music on my phone and imported it into the app and enjoyed having music in my ears while I walked my little heart out. Back a few years ago, my last time on WW, when I was running alot, I would pick an artist randomly and whenever one of their songs came on, I would run. For yesterday, my artist of choice was System of a Down, what I like to refer to as my rage music. Wouldn’t you know, several of their songs played for me so I got some good running in. My heart was pounding and I was a hot sweaty mess but it was great.
I can honestly say that walking / running is like a drug to me. No other exercise has that effect on me. I can be in the worst mood or stressed out or whatever, but when I’m done with my walk, I am a different person. So when I said yesterday that I needed to walk, I meant it.
Having only walked 3 days since my last weigh-in last Friday, we’ll see how tomorrow’s weigh-in goes. I don’t really have any gut feelings on it right now. I’ve been keeping up with my 64 oz. of water a day which I know has been a big help. We will see tomorrow morning!!